Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Canterbury 30-60 hand

I'm sorry your mother was so mean. Really.

-Michael
Old 02-13-2005, 07:42 AM

*SNAP*.

I have straddled, and I am proud.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:11 PM

settle down dude.

if he can get 3-4 other guys to put in 5 bets in the dark this hand, (and maybe inspire more stuff of this nature in future hands), straddling and calling in the dark is not a terrible play. (it may be -EV, but not by that much). the only player who has a natural advantage on him this hand is the MP raiser.

when did you become king of the forum? i enjoyed reading this post, as it presented an unusual and semi-interesting situation.

anyone who plays poker is a gambler. anyone who insults someone for their play is an a-hole
Old 02-13-2005, 02:56 PM

lucky, lucky
Old 02-13-2005, 02:57 PM

I admit I do not play my best poker live. I am there more to have fun once in a while, and concentrate on playing my best online. I think going along with the occasional live straddle can increase the action at the table, but maybe it's not worth the price.

However since I only play live once every week or two, it will be a long time before I know whether I am profitable. My hope is that everyone else is so much worse, I can afford to loosen up my game a little and not be a losing player.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lucky, lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that people who live straddle post in this forum. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a GAMBLER in our midsts. Aw hell, a bet a lot of gamblers post here, we just don't know who they are. The best thing is that he gives rational for doing it "I'm hoping to encourage future action." What goes through a stradler's mind? "I will blindly pay twice the blind, out of position, knowing that this means that MORE people will be MORE aggressive in THIS pot AND I have no greater chance of finding a hand." I also love, "5 people called in the dark, ANY 2 HAS to be good, right?"

Rogue, you are not a poker player, you are a gambler. I hope either to see you at a table, or that you read some freaking books. Study poker before you play. Understand that MOST of the people who post here are poker players who study and think about the game. Don't try to participate until you are willing to do the same. If you are willing to throw away a BB to "liven up the game" and then compound the mistake by calling 1.5 BB with nothing...

you probably don't even know what a BB is...

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you hate playing with "The Rock" too...