Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Use a condom. (protection post)

I feel like such an IDIOT!! I just realized that I could have probably pulled off a PERFECT trifecta here. Damn it. I really blew this hand and will try to improve this skill.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:50 PM

Question: is there anything wrong with a turn check/raise here? It's obvious this won't be checked through, and the c/r attempts to trap 2 callers in-between for at least 1 BB. Plus, if Button/CO raises, you can simply call. Between UTG + passive callers I have no problem 3-betting or capping this turn...I feel like your hand is that strong, and the flush redraw is almost always to the best hand.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: is there anything wrong with a turn check/raise here? It's obvious this won't be checked through, and the c/r attempts to trap 2 callers in-between for at least 1 BB. I have no problem 3-betting or capping this turn...I feel like your hand is that strong, and the flush redraw is almost always to the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer: I think that a turn c/r might be pretty good. I think I am still more comfortable with betting it, but I probably should have 3-bet the turn here.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

River: Again Im tempted to checkraise. But youd hate for it to get checked through. But the C/r is tempting, and I am by no means a compulsive check raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like a C/R attempt here. Get Paid!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like such an IDIOT!! I just realized that I could have probably pulled off a PERFECT trifecta here. Damn it. I really blew this hand and will try to improve this skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I didnt recommend a trifecta. I just wanted to discuss the why or why not on the flop. The only reason I thought it might be valid on the river is that with those stats, you can reasonably expect UTG to bet and then get a call, allowing you to get a few extra bets on a river. I actually like the way you played the flop and the river, but with a player like this, C/R comes to mind for me.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:57 PM

Sarge,

I agree. The only reason I even thought about it is the crazy stats of UTG. But losing 2BB here because it got chekced through is obviously bad.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:59 PM

Haha. I know you didn't recommend a trifecta, but I have always wanted to get a perfect one. I don't really think that a river c/r is a good idea though. with an AF of just 1.4 I think that a 4-flush is still enought to scare this guy into checking it through, and I want his $$.