Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: realization

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, let me rephrase...how about AVERAGE 15BB per session.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your average session is 375 hands (you said 250-500), you're looking at 4bb/100 to earn $15/session. Not unattainable, but I don't think many people can sustain that in the long run. If you bump your average session to 600 hands, you could easily win $15/session (2.5bb/100) over the long run at .5/1 if you're very committed to improving your game.

But you're 100% spot on about being able to earn a decent chunk of change grinding it out at the higher micro limits. Work to improve your game and the money will come. Tracking results 500 hands at a time is counterproductive.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: realization

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, let me rephrase...how about AVERAGE 15BB per session. Too high? If we want to get more realistic, can we say 5BB per session on average? Is that truly unattainable? That, in and of itself, is about $1800 per year. I understand I'm going to lose sessions, but let's talk about average. I know everyone mentions the 1BB/100 hands as a primer, but I want to take it further. Please, discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do an average of 15bb a session if your sessions are 400 hands long at 50/1 certainly, I doubt many can manage this at 1/2 though. Some days you may lose 30bb others you may win 50bb, you could drop 150bb in a week and be even 2 days later, it really is that crazy. Don't let the swings bother you, play right and keep learning.

Good luck and regards Mack