Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: 100-200 hand 4k pot

i find it really interesting how you bet out every street.

are they aggressive enough at 100/200 that c/ring isn't worth it? what other hands would you play like this or did you already have a table image of running things over?

stealthcow-
Old 02-09-2005, 11:06 AM

I think preflop through the turn is good. Can you explain why you don't keep raising the river? Obvioulsy i know what holding beat you, but which of those did you think was a distinct enough possibilty to stop raising with top set?
Old 02-09-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Question: Turn Call

From what I've calculated, it seems there are 14.5BB in the pot when the action comes back to SLK after Mr.Lucky777 smooth calls 2 cold and SLK's follow-up 3-bet on the flop, then suddenly comes alive and pops the turn.

Doesn't anyone think this screams monster here? How often are people in this game 3-betting PF, smooth calling 2 cold and a 3-bet on the flop and then raising the field on the turn with just top pair?

When I first read it, I thought he had a good fold on the turn as he was likely drawing to 2 clean outs (behind QQ/TT) or maybe 5 outs if his opponent 3-bet with something like QTs, or even J9s (both unlikely, but unknown as player reads/descriptions were not given)

Given the lack of info on the players and the way the action played out, does anyone remotely see a turn fold here? To me is screams you are behind and drawing extremely thin and you don't have the odds to draw to a 2 outer.

Beyond that, it seems like the river 3-bet is ridiculously easy when you get there...otherwise why are you calling the turn raise? You just hit your 2 outer...raise it up. If you thought you were behind to a bigger hand and drawing dead on the turn, fold...but there I'd imagine SLK felt there was a good chance this player was semi bluffing a turned heart draw with maybe something like K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]???

What's the concensus on the turn play? Are you making crying calls the whole way? Obviously I don't play at these limits, but I find the turn play more interesting than the river play. River seems like an easy 3-bet.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 PM

I like the button re-raise pre-flop of Mr.Lucky with 22. It's the only way to play it 5 handed. He'd call 2 if it came back to him. Making it 3 may get it h/u and makes it easier to play.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:11 PM

id raise this river everytime with that pf action.

Please use this next time.