Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: 2 $5/$10 Hands

Even though you lost both hands I like they way you played them.

Hand 1: I like that you get to the river cheap. I also think that you are ahead on the river (eh, so I was wrong). Only problem with raising is getting re-raised. He'll for sure have you beat and there is NO way he's bluffing. True, this would be a sick, sick play if he was bluffing but I think too many TAG's are beginning to see monsters there. I call like a wimp.

Hand 2: I like the idea of taking a stab at it here on the end. Then I went back to your post and saw this:

[ QUOTE ]
Pot still $120. The river is another king. She bets $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not he, but SHE bets $50. Take it FWIW, but this changes my perspective completely. I have not played a ton of poker w/ woman in my lifetime, but I am real hesitant about making a move here on the end. It's not a woman bashing thing at all, just that it changes my thinking [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: 2 $5/$10 Hands

[ QUOTE ]
MP limps, both blinds play and nobody raises
The pot is $40. The flop comes J44. Checked to me and I bet $40. MP folds but now the SB check raises to $80. BB folds. Not many people would check raise there with a 4. At least not yet. Hes seems to be pretty good and hasnt done anything crazy..

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you expect a check-raise here? I think this is a no brainer check-raise with a naked 4 -- particulary if I thought someone had an overpair or hit his jack.

I think I would have played it just like you did, but I would have expected to see a 4 from the SB.