Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Internet Games Fall Apart

Then you are running really well, or you never play a full game. Or in your case both.

-Michael
Old 02-08-2005, 12:38 AM

This is a huge annoyance in the 15/30 games, I don't see it much elsewhere, where it breaks the whole game. I also didn't read the whole post.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:01 AM

johnney if you feel this way why not copy the my letter and send it to PP?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:09 AM

I don't have the pot odds.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:47 AM

cute response.

however the pot is to big to fold for one bet even if you are almost certain you are beat.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:02 AM

I agree 100% with this post. The nits on party and also some other sites who run like a chicken with it's head cutoff when someone in front of them skips their blind are killing good tables, especially 15-30. The most laughable aspect of this is that I've seen it happen so many times on the tables with the highest pot averages and lists in the 20's. Why anyone would leave such a table is beyond me.

The solution, however, is not as you suggest. The solution is to change the software so that it automatically posts your blind unless you check for it not to, IN WHICH CASE IT SKIPS YOU AND DOES NOT PROMPT YOU TO POST. This way multi-tablers would be faced with the prospect of always being dealt out if they did not keep the auto-post option checked.

But I'm not going to bother to email PP about it because I wouldn't even get a negative response.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:06 AM

bluff, i think you are wrong. i think any sucessful business wants feedback from it's customers, and wants to continue to be more sucessful. i think you and everyone who is bothered by this should either copy my letter or write their own. you said you agree 100%, what do we have to lose?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The most laughable aspect of this is that I've seen it happen so many times on the tables with the highest pot averages and lists in the 20's. Why anyone would leave such a table is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then I'll tell you why this happens on such tables.

Usually there was a super-fish on that table....when the super-fish leaves then all of the players who are paying attention will say "OK. Wonder-Donkey is gone. I'm just play out this orbit and leave when the blinds get to me."

It's not that they are running away because the guy before them sat out. It's that many of them are deciding to leave at the same time....and it just happens to be shortly after their favorite fish got up.

If you are going strictly by the listed pot-avg or by length of wait-list then you are likely hurting your own game.
The WORST thing you can do is show up at a high pot-avg game AFTER the donkey has left. You'll likely be playing with many reasonable players who were equally attracted by the high pot-avg being advertised...AND you'll be the only one there who doesn't realize that the reason for the high pot-avg just left...so you'll be entering a game that you think is super-LAG that may no longer be.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:28 AM

This is certainly a very valid point, I do not mind playing short-handed but the fact that loose fishies become scared and leave the game one by one can't be a good thing. Heck, I've seen one player sit out, and then the next 6 or 7 follow!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:40 AM

I sometimes deliberately sit on a full ring table that only has 5-6 players. Usually, it doesn't take long until it fills up and at least 3 of the remaining 4-5 seats is filled with fish, gamblers or cs. They do not seem to care about table selection.