Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Tilt in re-runs already????

Several shows are on rerun this last week or so. I think it has to do with a new show, a few new episodes run, hopefully generate some buzz, then repeat the series premiere or whatever. The show Lost did something similiar.

By the way, listening to my favorite morning show "Bob & Tom" the other morning and their sports guy Chic said he heard Tilt was "great".
Old 02-02-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're sick of Tilt threads? Well you see the heading that says Tilt in it? Why don't you try not clicking on that one. Scroll down to something more your style.

And by the way, if you want anyone to take you seriously, you might want to learn some fundamentals of grammar. It might help people make a little more sense of your incoherent babbling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a moron.

Presto! Have a good day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 05:06 PM

You obviously can't comprehend why I responded to this pointless thread, you can't even use some common sense to figure out what I was trying to say due to a few errors in my typing. So what's the point of argueing with you? This is the last reply I will be making, you're not worth anymore time Otnemem.

Presto! Have a good day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 05:14 PM

They are behind on the production schedule from what I have heard. The 7th and 8th episodes have yet to finish taping. So maybe they are taking some advice and feedback.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:33 PM

Guys, that was it.

The entire season was 3 episodes.

Season #1 DVD goes on sale at Amazon next Tuesday.

p.s. - I hope they're not taking any feedback. I am patiently waiting for a show as terrible, yet hilarious, as episode #1.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:34 PM

I was talking about reruns in general.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:07 PM

I understand that, but that's not what the thread is about. The thread is about the fact that they're running re-runs in the timeslot that's supposed to be reserved for the new episodes, and it's a little strange. Everyone knows that cable tv channels run re-runs, and why they do it.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I seeing this incorrectly, or are they already running re-runs of Tilt this Thursday, rather than showing a new episode? I wonder what this could mean. I could only imagine bad things, as in they're trying to figure out the best course of action based on the backlash on every major poker message board. Hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ] What makes you think users at poker message boards make up a large % of their target audience?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just a hunch.

And anyway, I didn't say that they did. What I meant was that the creators of the show obviously have some sort of integrity. I wonder if it's possible that they noticed how many real poker fans were disappointed by not the performance, but the reception of the show. Plus, I haven't heard of any non-poker players who liked the piece of [censored] anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't say it but you implied it here I wonder what this could mean. I could only imagine bad things, as in they're trying to figure out the best course of action based on the backlash on every major poker message board. The most likely reason they would take action if there was a backlash is that the outraged people made up a large percentage of their audience. As for the creaters of the show having integrity, have you watched any part of any of the shows? I can't think of one scene where I can reasonably believe they tried to depict anything close to reality.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:55 PM

Them responding to backlash on this board?

You've got to be kidding.

I don't know how their overall ratings look, but as far as this forum is concerned, they're an unqualified success. Why? Because they have everyone's eyes glued and everyone's talking about it.

They couldn't care less whether you love or hate the show. They couldn't care less about all the whinging that happens here. All they care about is getting you to tune in to their channel so they can sell the real time to the advertisers. As far as what you're doing between the ad breaks, and/or what you think of that filler, they just don't care.

If anything, all the whining here just generates more buzz for the show, so at least for this audience, they have little reason to change anything.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:06 PM

This is 2+2, nobody lets a thread stay on track...get used to it.