Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Hand#3

I agree - fold the KQo, otherwise they're good.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Bubble Play Help

Whoa, fold the KQo? No freaking way. With 4 players left KQo is GOLD for that price. You can't read AA|AK from a pre-flop raise at this point in the tournament.

But don't push either; just call. You'll only get called by a better hand. If you hit the flop, get all your money in there. I am NOT folding KQo 4 handed for that price with that stack.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t2965)
UTG (t1215)
Button (t1660)
SB (Villain)/ (t2160)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (Villain) raises to t700</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2965 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds, SB (Villain) calls t1460 (All-In).

Flop: (t5325) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t5325) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t5325) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5325

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call here. Good chance you're on the wrong side of the 'coin flip' here (~43/57 I'd guess) for an allin. I think folding is probably fine as this won't make or break you. However, you get great value from calling and seeing if you spike a Q or K (almost always giving you the best hand). If he's on a total steal then you'll still have most of your FE from preflop and he may check/fold to you (without risking your whole stack). Not to mention that calling sends a message about at least attempting to defend your blind (I WILL NOT be pushed around!).

I'd rank them calling #1, folding #2, allin #3. BUT I may be a huge moron so YMMV, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 02-02-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, fold the KQo? No freaking way. With 4 players left KQo is GOLD for that price. You can't read AA|AK from a pre-flop raise at this point in the tournament.

But don't push either; just call. You'll only get called by a better hand. If you hit the flop, get all your money in there. I am NOT folding KQo 4 handed for that price with that stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes fold! KQo is "fools gold" here. Even calling is choosing to ignore obvious opponenet strength. You have a UTG call, a fold and button re-pops it? Cold-calling 700 here with 2 players left to act. What happens if you call and SB/UTG Pushes? (which ironicly appears to be what would have happened in this situation had Hero not pushed since SB called all-in). No thank you. A perfect example of late SNG play where the big stack should get the hell out of the way.

Pep.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd rank them calling #1, folding #2, allin #3. BUT I may be a huge moron so YMMV, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I was pretty sure the all-in was a big mistake with KQo here. I'm still not quite sure whether I should have called or folded. Looks like there are mixed opinions...
Old 02-02-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A2s - a-okay
AJs - a-okay
KQo - fold pre-flop
AKo - a-okay (I expect a small/mid pair)
66 - a-okay

[/ QUOTE ]

When I reviewed the HH, the KQo seemed like a big mistake. The others all seem like I got unlucky, but that's been happening a lot lately so I wanted some 2nd opinions.

Results for those interested...

Hand1: <font color="white">Push A2s with 2BB stack, run into AJs</font>
Hand2: <font color="white">Push AJs with 7BB stack, KTs catches a K</font>
Hand3: <font color="white">Reraise KQo all-in with 15BB stack, A5o fills up</font>
Hand4: <font color="white">Push AKo agaist small stack, 55 wins unimproved</font>
Hand5: <font color="white">Push 66 with 7BB stack, AJs catches a J</font>