Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Empire Poker-scary things happening

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to use e-mailed hands rather than harddrive-stored hands when pasting into the converter

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI, you know you can copy hand histories out of Poker Tracker and paste then into the converter? Just open up the hand history and copy the entire window. This is a real time saver if you analyze using PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I can't copy and scroll the text below the bottom of the "page," meaning I had to copy and move a hand in chunks. Consequently, it was just easier to request an e-mailed copy. However, just a few hours ago, while playing around with the Playback, I realized that if I check the box within Playback for "Hand history text," I am able to scroll/copy the text from this box in one piece...strange.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:50 AM

Try to fool with your junk mail settings on your comp. All my stuff from empire/party was being blocked by my junk mail filter.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:39 AM

similar situation here.
Last week I stopped receiving e-mails party and empire at my peoplepc address. I kept trying to validate it and got nothing over and over.
Had no problem receiving e-mails at my other address though.

I had a similar situation with my AOL address about a year ago. Without warning they just blocked all poker-emails...couldn't even get it in my spam-box...it was blocked before it even got that far. Took party and empire about 2-3 mths before the e-mails started going through again but I was fed up with AOL by then.

Now I'm likely to get fed up with peoplepc since it looks like their blocking e-mails that I didn't want blocked.
I sent them an e-mail on Friday asking why I wasn't receiving these e-mails (but could at my other address).
It's Wednesday now (officially) and I still have yet to hear back from them so I guess they'll be hearing from me again.

Anyway...as has been suggested...try a different e-mail address.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:58 AM

If you have the old validation e-mail with the old code, just type that one in... it worked for me the other day.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:07 PM

Are you POSITIVE it came from Empire? Is there any chance somebody was phishing you? I get these fake validation requests from "banks", Paypal, and Ebay every day now and there is no reason to think somebody isn't going to try it using a pokerroom eventually. You might want to consider logging in at the real Empire site, not a click through sent to you via email, and changing your password.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:13 PM

The message comes as a pop-up when you log-on.

You can't get any e-mails from them because of something screwy with your e-mail.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Also you can always press Ctrl-A to select all text in a window. This should get you around needing to scroll at all.

WiteKnite
Old 02-02-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't have a phone number - I called Party, but they couldn't help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this: 1-888-206-4659

I've never tried it but it popped up one day when Empire were unable to process logins.

chez
Old 02-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Does your email provider have a spam filter? They might be blocking your emails from Empire. If so, there should be a way to change your spam filter settings to allow emails from empire, and the emails may be in a "spam" box. You will probably have to use your email providers web mail interface to check on this.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:32 PM

I had this happen with Party once (August 17, 2004 for me too!). Tried to re-verify my e-mail (which was in perfect order, btw), never got the validation e-mail from them, and started having trouble getting emails. I ended up calling them and having a supervisor reset my e-mail for me.

It happened again the other day. I called them and explained that I had already gone through this once and the CSR told me to ignore it. He asked whether another person ever plays poker on my computer and I said yes, my girlfriend. He told me that that was probably what triggered the pop-up. He didn't seem overly concerned by it. So, I'm going to ignore it and see if it just goes away by itself. I'm certainly not going to re-validate my e-mail, though.