Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: How bad was this laydown?

FWIW given you have the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are out, it's doubtful he has a flush draw. Although the possible.

The problem with his river bet is you have to be sure he's bluffing 60%+ of the time to be profitable.

You've shown alot of weakness, so it wouldn't make sense for him to blow you off a weak hand IF he had something. But alot of times 50NL 6max party doesn't make sense.

Someone said wouldn't he bet an ace on the flop... This is just me personally, (flame this away) if I decide to limp AceXsuited on button and I flop top pair I often check the flop. I do this for numerous reasons, (It's doubtful Villain is going through / goes through the same thought process as me) but, namely, I dont want to build the pot AND I'm not worried about getting outdrawn because the pot is so small. Plus, if I bet the most likely outcome is either taking it down, (which is ok) or having a bigger ace call. (Like if I had A4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and have the BB w/ A9o check call... Happens alot) By checking behind on button you also get a chance to bet turn for value and check behind on river...

BUT! I dont think button has a big hand. If he did he played it weirdly. Still, it's tough because you have to be right a high%.

So what would I do? I probably would be upset the ace fell, as aside from a broadway not filling my hand, you should like the board quite a bit. If this guy bluffs alot I guess I'd call.

But it's close!
Old 01-27-2005, 04:04 AM

But would you have bet the river if you were OP?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:11 AM

Fold
Old 01-27-2005, 04:48 AM

I'd throw out a blocking bet of $5 - $6 on the river and fold if reraised.

I don't see an Ace slowplaying TP with a flush draw available unless it was with a weak kicker.