Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Accessing Neteller Funds In the UK

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and they will still send you a UK £ cheque as long as your registered address is in the UK

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that so? I'll look into that. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

It will usually involve you having to close your existing neteller account, create a new one, and redeposit at your Poker Sites before you can withdraw to a your new neteller account.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:07 AM

You know that if you live in UK and have your netteler acount in dollars they will still send you the cheque in pounds sterling.

One of the reasons I am giving Poker Stars so much love is that all cashouts of 2K+ dollars can be requested in a cheque in pounds sterling that takes 3-5 days to arrive via fed ex (longer if <2k) and they exchange it fairly at the bank rate.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:14 AM

i made the serious mistake of changing my neteller currency to sterling and it took me a while to realise how much i was being skinned, "invisibly", by transfers into and out of dollar poker sites

however, there was no hassle whatsoever when i asked neteller to change it back to a dollar account, although they probably kidney-punched me one last time with one of their extortionate exchange rate fees
Old 01-25-2005, 09:33 AM

They refused to switch my currency, it was a pain but I had to do the following

Cash out from all sites.
Open new $ neteller account (you need to use a different email address)
EMail scan of my driving licence and credit card as ID
they then switched my UK £ balance over to the US $ account and closed the old account.
Redeposit to sites you want to play

In total it took about 3 days, most of that time was waiting for all the cash-outs to arrive in the old Neteller account. I kept myself going by playing freerolls diring that time!

Mat
Old 01-25-2005, 10:11 AM

Thanks for all the replies all,
I just contacted Neteller and asked them what exchange rate they use when sending cheques in stirling to UK addresses.
I'll keep you posted

aquifex
Old 01-25-2005, 10:37 AM

The way I have all this set up is:

1) First Direct account for switch/maestro card. I can highly reccomend them as a bank. I have this as a "Poker account", entirely seperate from my real money. I use this for cashing out.

2) Neteller account in USD for moving money between poker sites, for bonus whoring.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i made the serious mistake of changing my neteller currency to sterling and it took me a while to realise how much i was being skinned, "invisibly", by transfers into and out of dollar poker sites

however, there was no hassle whatsoever when i asked neteller to change it back to a dollar account, although they probably kidney-punched me one last time with one of their extortionate exchange rate fees

[/ QUOTE ]

Bizarre they made me close my UKP account and create a new one in USD.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:25 AM

Can you not just withdraw neteller back to your debit card? U can deposit via debit card I thought you could withdraw via debit card? Also im the uk and got my neteller account in Sterling, I mainly whore the crypto sites, so am i getting fleaced on exstanged rates?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the replies all,
I just contacted Neteller and asked them what exchange rate they use when sending cheques in stirling to UK addresses.
I'll keep you posted

aquifex

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not convinced their exchange rate is any worse than on the highstreet. I got 1.87 out of them a few weeks ago, I notice thomascook is on 1.79 now in line with the fall in the dollar.

Don't forget most news sites will quote the mid price of the currency and not the Buy or Sell price.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:29 AM

I made the mistake to set up Neteller in €. It cost me 1 e-mail to have it switched into USD. MultiPoker is the way home for my money because MP transfers money into my German bank account FREE OF CHARGE. The exchange rate applied by my bank is agreeable.