Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Lay down AA, pre flop?

The one exception is a sattelite situation, but the odds of it occuring are nil.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:07 AM

What would you guys do with AA pre flop with 4 all-ins ahead of you on the first hand a tournament

Count my lucky stars. I would go all in with the best hand all of the time.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:10 AM

if you are asking this question, then you really should examine your game. It's a very elementary problem. Anyone who says you should fold AA preflop in anything but the rarest of rare bubble situations is an idiot.

oh, and the guy didn't have AA.

-sossman
Old 01-25-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are the best player there you fold and realize that yes you had the highest percentage to win the hand but if you add up the other percentages you are an underdog to the table. If you are average player push your chips in and pray that you can dodge four other random hands. Including the draw that has the highest percentage to crack your aces the 67 suited and pairs that only need to spike one card to beat you. With all these hands in all in pre flop the skill is gone and its all about who can get lucky. Thats not my brand of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the best player because u know when to get your money in as a big favorite, like in this situation
Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 AM

why r u playing in a site that does not offer hand history ?
I think the 6 7 guy , is the owner
Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, i dont have time to read all the threads to know what questions have been asked over and over. This hand just came up in a tournament i was in yesterday and I just wanted to know what people thought. 6-7 suited won the hand with a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, you don't have time to know what questions get asked over and over (by simply doing a search for something like "fold aces"), yet you ask people to take the time to respond to your post. I don't mind someone who doesn't understand why this is such an easy answer asking the question. Nor do I mind someone who says that they've tried to find similar questions unsuccessfully. But to say that you don't have time to look yourself . . .
Old 01-25-2005, 04:36 AM

I know the answer, I was just interested in what people would say. I made the post in a hurry before class instead of searching because I knew when I got back there would be replies. As far as asking people to reply, I just made the post, you can see the subject, if your annoyed by the subject or don't care, just don't read it. If its easy for me to do a search, its just as easy for you to skip over post you don't have an interest in.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:37 AM

I'd call everytime too, I was just interested in seeing what kind of arguements people would come up with for not calling, if any.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:40 AM

sorry i'm not the owner of the 6-7 suited. The site is just fine and they do have hand history but its not something I can copy and paste to a post.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:48 AM

Look, more times than not you will lose with AA if a bunch of callers with better than random hands go all-in. (a simple thought experiment that shows this is - imagine everyone at the table is dealt a pocket pair and goes all in - you hold AA. Your chances of winning the pot are bad but you have the best chances of any one player) Thats just math. But when the situation arises you have the best chance of any one player at the table of winning. You also have great pot odds. Your job as a poker player is to get your chips in the middle when the relationship between pot odds and probability are in your favor.