Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Interesting article on Tilt by an ESPN writer

no string bets here bitch
Old 01-24-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no string bets here bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

now why don't you take that otha half of the bet outta da pot, and let's finish this hand...
Old 01-24-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand... is he saying he's won 19k at B&M?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a good run at Foxwoods in the ACT I & IIs and won a lot of money by just playing super tight. Seems like he is playing way over his head online. And he seems like a self absorbed Donk.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He had a good run at Foxwoods in the ACT I & IIs and won a lot of money by just playing super tight. Seems like he is playing way over his head online. And he seems like a self absorbed Donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. I see people on this forum agonizing over whether or not they can move up from 1/2 to 2/4 and sustain a bad run, or if their win rate is high enough at the 10+1 SNGs that they should take a crack at the 20's. Jackpot Jay does things like jumping right in to play 30/60 online. Are you kidding me? It's no wonder the online sharks have been tearing him apart limb from limb.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:17 AM

He used the acronym SAG in the article. What is that?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He used the acronym SAG in the article. What is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Screen Actors Guild
Old 01-24-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think half of his B&M winnings were from an Act III. He had already won a spot in the main tournament, so any other Act III satellites he won, he got to keep the $10,000 prize. Other than that, he really hasn't done anyting impressive besides get his ass beat online.

It was kinda funny because he went into his online stint thinking he was some hotshot poker player playing against a bunch of slacks at 30/60 tables. Little did he know, there are a lot of subtle differences playing online.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think half of his B&M winnings were from an Act III. He had already won a spot in the main tournament, so any other Act III satellites he won, he got to keep the $10,000 prize. Other than that, he really hasn't done anyting impressive besides get his ass beat online.

It was kinda funny because he went into his online stint thinking he was some hotshot poker player playing against a bunch of slacks at 30/60 tables. Little did he know, there are a lot of subtle differences playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played in cash games with Jay at Foxwoods. He wasn't much of a ring game player live, either. He didn't seem like a bad guy, though.

scrub
Old 01-24-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played in cash games with Jay at Foxwoods. He wasn't much of a ring game player live, either. He didn't seem like a bad guy, though.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

When does he usually play at Foxwoods? I usually go on the weekends, but I'm guessing he plays more during the week.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:16 PM

i cant believe this guy plays poker for money and doesnt know what is being signaled by the other players when the cop busts out. im pretty sure that the show is trying to say that the matador knows that the guy has a set, and what is being signaled by the other players is how many outs to a boat he had. i dont think that columnest guy realized that the set of 2s still had outs. even tho they say this later in the show.