Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Flawed Author - 2+2 Books

I guess that this shows that Dan does not know that poker is always played with only one deck of cards. This is non tirvial and reflect a lack of understanding of a pretty basic thing. This is a mistake that Roy Cooke, Bob Ciaffone or Pansy Panages would never make.

Oh, well, maybe Pansy Panages could make it...
Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 PM

I found a similar error in the same book. It had to do with a picture not matching up with the card in the text on the next page. I think it had to do with a pair of Kings.

These errors are relatively minor IMO. I found the same problem with a Phil Helmuth article on Cardplayer describing the craziest PL Omaha Hi hand he has ever seen (a really good read actually).
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 AM

While it very well could be an error in the text itself -- very minor, I think most of us would agree -- one thing to also consider is something that I come across often with publishing: type-setting errors do happen. I can't tell you how many cards I've written for WWE one way that get printed another way. Anything that gets printed goes through many hands and any of them along the way could've clicked a single button and changed the suit of one of those cards from a diamond to a heart or vice versa.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 01-25-2005, 02:14 AM

Good catch.

Probably a proofreading/typesetting error. Something like this is easier to miss because the text is in black and white, and the flop is printed on one page and the error is two pages further in. The mind tends to fill in the "correct" information.....

Frank
Old 01-25-2005, 04:06 PM

One more I've just noticed, I'm only halfway through so far and finding it a good read.

Pages 168-172, Hand 4-10:

After the flop - you bet, BB and player B call, player D raises, you call, BB calls, player B folds.

Fourth street - you check, player D bets, you call. What happened to the BB?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:51 PM

He went all in, and the converter didn't catch it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
One more I've just noticed, I'm only halfway through so far and finding it a good read.

Pages 168-172, Hand 4-10:

After the flop - you bet, BB and player B call, player D raises, you call, BB calls, player B folds.

Fourth street - you check, player D bets, you call. What happened to the BB?

[/ QUOTE ]