Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: The phenomenon surrounding players calling all in vs med sized bet

Yes, I am new to online NL. I just don't have enough hands or plan on playing enough hands to even have a "long term". [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2005, 04:56 PM

I'm not much of a NL player AT ALL so I really can't speak with much (if any) expertise on this topic...but I also quickly got the impression that you were fairly new to NL poker.

Lots of bad players call with all sorts of weird stuff. It happens all the time and shouldn't be very surprising.

Calling big bets with an unimproved AK isn't even on the radar of truly baffling plays in my book.
If I'm playing NL it would normally be in a tourney...but I've been known to call with AK unimproved before when I have some kind of read or hunch ....or if I'm already committed enough that I feel the pot-odds justify chasing what I'm hoping is 6-outer.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 PM

I guess I'm new? I've played leisurely without a clue for about 10 years before actually thinking about strategy and reading about it starting approx 2 and half years ago. If you were to rank all the 2+2 posters, knowledge wise, I'd most likely fall somewhere in the middle. It's still much more of a hobby for me than anything else. However, I've excelled in other areas such as school and business, so I believe if I applied myself I could be in the top percentile after a year or two of taking it seriously.