Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: QQ getting raised by a rock

VPIP at ~30 hands in generally pretty accurate - I'd be really surprised if his true VPIP was >20.

However, the most important part you left out was UTG+1's postflop aggro, which requires a lot more hands to pinpoint accurately. So even though you autorate him a rock, he could easily be a moneybags or mouse. There are plenty of players who are very tight preflop and very aggressive postflop, so chances are you still have the best hand (I'll guess he has AT/KT).

Also, from his betting, it looks like he is trying to protect his hand - if he really had a straight or set, he'd be slowplaying to keep the other two people in the hand.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have mine set at 50 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know, I was joking. Haha, funny, ya know, oh well... Mine was at the default 30, I just bumped it up to 50 as well. I already had PT itself set not to show players with less than 50 hands, otherwise it takes 30 seconds to 'fill the treeview'. (~20k players) So why bother autorating em then.. Makes a little more sense.. Incidentally, seems you slipped under my radar by 1 hand, you are now icon-less!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have mine set at 50 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know, I was joking. Haha, funny, ya know, oh well... Mine was at the default 30, I just bumped it up to 50 as well. I already had PT itself set not to show players with less than 50 hands, otherwise it takes 30 seconds to 'fill the treeview'. (~20k players) So why bother autorating em then.. Makes a little more sense.. Incidentally, seems you slipped under my radar by 1 hand, you are now icon-less!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me? It must have been while I was working off a bonus at Empire. My Party username is different [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Incidentally what stats do you have me at?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:16 PM

1) I highly doubt that this guy is a rock (like someone as tight as I am with passive AF and PFR stats).

2) You have an overpair and a straight draw. You are certainly not folding (at least before the river).

3) What do you put this guy on? A flopped set? QJs?

Nice hand.

Brad
Old 01-21-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 49 hands, 1 session at a 1/2 table from october. You limped in 4x, raised 2x.. VPIP/PFR are 12.24/4.08. 60.00% from the SB. Your postflop AF looks funny in the detail screen, because you've NEVER called a flop bet or a river bet, you've ALWAYS either bet or raised, every single time.. DivideByZero error, so it shows 0.00 for those 2 streets.. You did happen to call one bet on the turn once, so your overall AF is 9.86! If you didn't call that bet, your AF would be infinite. Straight from the school of 'Raise Or Fold'.

You showed down 3 hands: AA TT and K8o from the blinds. Your AA lost to A5s who flopped trip 5's. Both the other hands won, W$SD=66.67%. Your win rate is -1.02 BB/hr and your icon is a mouse. One more PFR you'd be a $bag.

Very tight, very aggro. Im sure I see you all the time on party, just dont know its you. I bet I know your nick by name tho, I have 168 players with >200 hands, and I know just about all of em by name. I have the good sense to stay out of most of those player's way when they start getting excited!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 49 hands, 1 session at a 1/2 table from october. You limped in 4x, raised 2x.. VPIP/PFR are 12.24/4.08. 60.00% from the SB. Your postflop AF looks funny in the detail screen, because you've NEVER called a flop bet or a river bet, you've ALWAYS either bet or raised, every single time.. DivideByZero error, so it shows 0.00 for those 2 streets.. You did happen to call one bet on the turn once, so your overall AF is 9.86! If you didn't call that bet, your AF would be infinite. Straight from the school of 'Raise Or Fold'.

You showed down 3 hands: AA TT and K8o from the blinds. Your AA lost to A5s who flopped trip 5's. Both the other hands won, W$SD=66.67%. Your win rate is -1.02 BB/hr and your icon is a mouse. One more PFR you'd be a $bag.

Very tight, very aggro. Im sure I see you all the time on party, just dont know its you. I bet I know your nick by name tho, I have 168 players with >200 hands, and I know just about all of em by name. I have the good sense to stay out of most of those player's way when they start getting excited!

[/ QUOTE ]

Curses, was hoping to get the elusive infinity post-flop AF. I wonder what PT does with this number in terms of auto-icon'ing.