Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: STL Ameristar Tonight 1/18

I'll let someone else putup a post about how avoiding loose games is bad. I'll just say that I recognize that these games have a pretty high variance. Two $80+ pots could have put me even for the night. More than once last night someone won back-to-back pots this big. I feel like I understand what changes you have to make to your game in order to beat these tables. I just wish it worked out better for me last few visits. Maybe you need to expect 115BB swings like this at these games. It's not unheard of. Still, I can't help but feel "unlucky" at the moment.

I'm trying to tell myself that my decision to take a break from poker is more influenced by non-poker things that this poker depression I'm in. It's like other things in my life were making it 90% likely that I would take a Poker Hiatus and the beats I've been getting at the Star have added that extra 10% needed.

When I get back to the game, I might need to work the lower varience Omaha8 games for a bit. Also, building a bankroll for a live 15/30 game is a good idea to take advantage of the looser live players... but here I am thinking about poker. Gonna have to put THESE plans on the back burner.

Peace,

Jason
Old 01-19-2005, 03:04 PM

I win every time I go to Ameristar, its weird. I just havent hit a bad run. But I could imagine that hittinga bad run would be Horrific. Sooner or later, Im going to get a twoplustwo trip organized to go out there one night, Im just v busy right now. There are a lot of st louisans out there.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM

If someone organized a "trip" (preferably Mon-Wed, though I realize that's asking a lot), I might be able to participate and write it of as "socializing".

- Jason
Old 01-19-2005, 04:20 PM

Next time I go back to St. Louis to visit my Dad, I'll have to teach you guys how to play poker and win.

Hehe!

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 04:50 PM

I would be happy to attend any 2+2 gathering any day of the week.

Would love to meet you Felecia.

Steelers36