Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Book

Thanks sublime. What are some keywords i should be searching for on the forum to help my extremely green self become more knowledgeable in the world of sports betting? (keep in mind I know next to nothing) Don't know why i've taken a sudden interest in sports betting... it's just something i'd like to learn more about in depth.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks sublime. What are some keywords i should be searching for on the forum to help my extremely green self become more knowledgeable in the world of sports betting? (keep in mind I know next to nothing) Don't know why i've taken a sudden interest in sports betting... it's just something i'd like to learn more about in depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say definitely keep checkin the threads here. There are a few people that really know their stuff and you can pick up on things just from reading what they have to say.
Not to say you'll learn everything you need to know just from here, but it's a pretty good start.
Keep asking any questions you have. I haven't been posting here that long, but from what I've seen, most everyone here is pretty willing to help and answer any questions.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:12 PM

Very few sports betting books even discuss basketball. I guess there has traditionally not been enough interest in it

which is odd, considering it is probably the most profitable sport out there. then again, maybe thats why?
Old 01-14-2005, 05:21 PM

Can u elaborate on what you like about the website, and specifically what in the Box Seats forums makes it worth the cost? I'd appreciate any info, thanks a lot.

sure, there are a few people who make thier living from betting sports who post there (mostly on the box seats. stevieY has been a pro for about 8 years and has been documented at SSB for the past 4+) the "hosts" not only post thier picks, but are willing to answer just about any question you may have. the bleachers (free seats) are a little "noisy" but still have decent advice. the site administator is goats (a young pro, the guy knows his stuff and reads every post on the site) i am sure if you make a post over there asking him any questions you have, he will answer it.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:24 PM

Thanks sublime. What are some keywords i should be searching for on the forum to help my extremely green self become more knowledgeable in the world of sports betting? (keep in mind I know next to nothing) Don't know why i've taken a sudden interest in sports betting... it's just something i'd like to learn more about in depth

i would only pay attention to a few of the posters on this site, most of the stuff posted here is just not good advice. i am not saying that to be a wiseass, its just the truth. tech seems to know what he is talking about, as does craig and waterproof, i am sure there are some others, but i dont read every post/response.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:17 PM

Call the Gambler's Book Shop in LV and ask which Bob McCune book you should read first. They also have a web site that you should look through. Robert Ross wrote a book about basketball, too.

And, don't EVER pay for picks. Not that you asked...
Old 01-16-2005, 02:55 PM

And, don't EVER pay for picks

wrong
Old 01-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Who's picks would you pay for? What's their verified win percentage? If they win 58% of the time (which is a very good rate) how much would you have to wager per bet to make back the investment in the picks?

I think you can spend your money much more wisely.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:48 PM

agreed with sublime.
the garbage-to-quality ratio on this forum is kinda lousy.

Unfortunately, I probably contribute more to the garbage side than the quality side.

I'm getting better though and might actually be an okay handicapper when all is said and done.
But, right now, there are FAR more novices and wanna-be's around here than quality handicappers.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed with sublime.
the garbage-to-quality ratio on this forum is kinda lousy.

Unfortunately, I probably contribute more to the garbage side than the quality side.

I'm getting better though and might actually be an okay handicapper when all is said and done.
But, right now, there are FAR more novices and wanna-be's around here than quality handicappers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Like I said in an earlier post, there are a few people on here that really know their stuff. I definitely won't even pretend to be one of those few because this is more of a hobby to me rather than a second income like it may be to some.

The best thing to do is separate the BS from the good stuff.