Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Table selection

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly dont know how its possible to play 4 tables at a time, while using poker tracker and making good decisions?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I do multi-table (seldom) I find it a lot easier to multi-table with GT+. As for making good decisions, I guess the major mutli-tablers just have lots of experience.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:58 AM

GT+ does make things far easier, I now mostly play 2 tables at a time, or 3 if things are going really slowly - it took me ages to be comfortable even playing more than 1.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:17 AM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster

Sorry for the stupid question: GT+?
Old 01-14-2005, 09:19 AM

GameTime+ - it's a program that takes the details from Pokertracker's GameTime window and overlays them transparently on the actual Party screen, like a HUD.

There's another one called Playerview which is also good - search in the Software forums and you will find download links.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:26 AM

I normally play 3 tables and would just ride out the low points hoping for the table to come back around since I didn't really know, at first glance, who were the fish among the rocks. GT+ has played a role in my table selection because you can see the table texture at a moment's notice and tell when you need to leave.

For those who don't know, GT+ is GameTime+ an add-on utility that hooks into your PokerTracker database. As Woody would say "If you don't have one, get one."

<PT Mini-Rant>
Btw, if you have PT, *Don't Flaunt It*. I can't tell you how annoying it is when you have someone sit at a table and start quoting everyone's stats to them. Besides the fact that anything someone else has on me in the database will be limited, but others at the table start to ask questions.
</PT Mini-Rant>

Shaun
Old 01-14-2005, 09:59 AM

At .5/1, no. I don't really bother. Pretty much any table is great. At 1/2, I do bother (and this will become more important the higher we play). There are more tight players, and more more aggressive players - that's not to say there are a lot, just more in proportion to 1/2. So I'm willing to leave a table if I realize I'm sitting with a TAG or two and a bunch of tight passives.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:22 AM

i just rolled up 300 BB from .5/1 and found 1/2 to be a rock garden as well - however i have been able to find a few loose passive 1/2 full games, you just have to look a lot harder and definately STAY at these tables as long as possible
Old 01-14-2005, 10:35 AM

I think the consensus seems to be that the serious loose tables at Party 1/2 are the shorthanded/6max tables. I am getting close to having a 1/2 bankroll so i haven't played'em yet, just trying to share info. A search maybe helpful.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:59 AM

I can dig what you guys are saying, but you need to change tables.

I 4 tabled last night, and 2 of my tables were 43% and 45% average VP%IP, one was like 25 (not great) and one was about 16. (eeeewwwwww.....) I stayed at the loose ones and left the tight ones, it really is that easy. eventually I got 2 more in the 28-30 range, and I was happy with that. The three players to my right on the 45% VP$IP table were VP$IP 40, 50, and 70. BOOYA.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:46 AM

Default anybody else think like this?

I go to the first available table. I sit down and play. I fire up pokertracker and start to get reads, habits and the like. Then I go to the next table and do the same thing.

If the first table is all TAG, great! I need to learn how to beat these types. If the second table is all LP, great! I know how to beat them and my bank roll needs boosting. If I get LAG's well then I hang on for the ride and hope I don't get outdrawn on my good hands.

So I say take the table your given and learn how to beat it. I imagine most of us want to eventually leave microlimits and when we do the players are going to be better so might as well learn how to beat them now, when it's cheaper.