Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Borgata this weekend 1/14-1/16 thread

[ QUOTE ]
is there any other etiquete i should know before entering for the first time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a few:
- When you enter the room, tell the person at the counter what game you want to play in ("$2/4 Hold'em"). They will put you on a waiting list and call your name later. If you aren't there when you get called, you're SOL.

- Protect your hand (leave a chip on top of your cards so they aren't mistaken for folded cards)

- Act in turn, not before

- Announce what you are doing before you do it. Clearly say "bet", "raise", "call", etc. Whatever you say, you are locked into doing. Do NOT say "I call and raise you", you will be forced to only call because that's what you said first. If you just put a few chips in front of you without saying anything, it will assumed to be a call; if you go back for more chips to raise, you will get yelled at (everyone will yell "string raise!") and be forced to only call (again, if you're going to raise, say it first).

- Don't discuss your hand or anyone else's, especially during the hand (even if you've already folded)

- Speak English only at the table

- Stack your chips neatly in front of you when you bet/call/raise. Don't thow them into the pot, the dealer will sweep all the chips to the center when betting has completed.

- Pay attention to when it's your blind and post it immediately. Don't make the dealer have to tell you.

- Don't berate the fish. Say "nice hand" or some crap when someone beats you. Be as friendly as you can to the other players, even if some of them are assholes.

- You can get up to leave for a few minutes to smoke or go to the bathroom. Tell the dealer that you will be right back and to deal you out. If you are gone too long (probably two full orbits), they will take your chips off the table and bag them, and let someone else have your seat.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are gone too long (probably two full orbits), they will take your chips off the table and bag them, and let someone else have your seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Borgata, you need two absent buttons for them to pick you up - that's two dealer changes, so generally an hour or so.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- When you enter the room, tell the person at the counter what game you want to play in ("$2/4 Hold'em"). They will put you on a waiting list and call your name later. If you aren't there when you get called, you're SOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

or, if its crowded and you're not picky, "(insert initials here) for 2/4, 3/6, and 1/2 no limit." getting on multiple lists is the nuts. also, if lots of people at your table are folding and stuff, ask the floor to put you on the table change list.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:24 PM

Last time I was at Foxwoods, I got on 2/4, 4/8, 5/10, 10/20, 1/2 NL, and 1-5 stud. Who has done more?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:00 PM

last time at the borg i was on 6/12, 10/20, 20/40, 1/2 nl, 2/5 nl, 5/10 nl, and a list of interest for 10/25 nl, though i didn't know that last one was there (i just said to put me on all the nl lists).
Old 01-12-2005, 09:14 PM

I'd have tied you if the floor would've started the interest list for 2/4 pineapple that IsaacW and I tried to talk them into.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 PM

Dude.... just do both. Borg - 11AM - 6:45PM, Empire Poker Party - 2 hours, Finish up at the Borg. Just put yourself on the dinner list to get prefered treatment, and no wait!

Worse case scenario I'll jet over to the Taj to rape that room for a little while.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 09:21 PM

was going to be there fri. sat. and sun. but will only be sun. mon. and tues. anyone else.probably will be wearing a Sam Adams t-shirt playing 6/12 maybe 10/20
Old 01-12-2005, 11:28 PM

my wife and i will be there this weekend...driving from indiana for her b-day. staying at the trump marina. will be playing at the Borg most of the day i suppose friday, then she'll play the ladies only WSOP event at 11:00AM saturday, and i'll play in the noon supersat for the main event. after we both win those [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], we'll head to the Borg until time to head over to the empire party. unfortunately, i won't be able to have my picture taken with any playmates, since she'll be there with me.

see you guys there! we're in our lower 30's..she has blonde hair, and i don't quite know how to describe myself, other than the fact that i'll probably be the best looking guy there [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. i am also told that i'm not quite hip to the up to date fashions and such.

cheers!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:11 AM

I'll be at Borgata playing 20-40 Hold Em on Sunday during the day (probably) so I can watch the Eagles game up close while playing. I'll probably be Taj on Saturday and Sunday nights playing 20-40 also. I'm early 20's, probably wearing some kind of polo type shirt and khakis.

Jeff