Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: GROW UP!!

Sounds like to me that your pissed off because your one of the fish that donates to the winners on this site. Also, if you do not like the forum don't read it anymore. It's that simple really.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:48 PM

I suggest reading the more instructive parts of the forum. Heads-Up/Short-handed and Small Stakes Holdem are golden. Texas Hold'em and Internet Gambling is mainly for mindless banter/bonuses. In my opinion, this forum is mild-mannered compared to a lot of the internet forums out there.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to do one of three things:
1)Get better at detecting sarcasm/jokes.
2)Ignore sarcasm/jokes.
3)Leave the forums.

Seriously, there is a lot of sarcasm here, and I find it hilarious...you either need to figure out what is sarcasm and what isn't, igonore it, or just leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear piece of human waste,

Please send me a photo of yourself. Doesn't have to be pretty, I don't care about all the acne, the three chins and whatever else. I need a new avator.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I swear this site is like a bunch of frat boys lying about the size of their "package" to the sorority girls. Everyone seems to be making thousands of dollars either a month or a year playing poker. Makes me wonder whos actually losing money to you guys since everyone claims to be winning so much. Most of the replys on this site are just arrogant and very immature. I guess when your dealing with people that post these scheduels of playing 4 tables for 8 hours a day, bad people skills should be expected since they seem to never leave the house and god for bid meet a woman. I'm just a college kid about to graduate this summer and I play poker on the internet for fun and I guess i'm up about $200 or $300 from playing SNG tables and low limit ring tables over the past year. I first came to this site to hear new ideas and try and learn but so far I have been just turned off by the childish attitudes of the religious posters on this site. How about more poker knowledge and less self promotion about how your the best poker player that nobody has ever heard of. You have to be 21 to gamble, so how about you act like your 21 when your making a post or a reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear purple clam,

I didn't like the way your mother's downtown smelled. You know what I did? I didn't go downtown to vaganitown anymore. You get my drift?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lucky for me I never payed a dime for college because I was on a baseball scholorship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Junior College? the reason i ask is that in D1, there are only 11 scholarships available to a baseball program. therefore, it is EXTREMELY rare for one to get a full ride, so most players must pay a good portion of their own tuition. if you are at D1 with a full ride, what round of the draft were you taken out of high school, and as a junior in college?

cheers!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:28 PM

My new hero.....

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 04:42 PM

I played at a mid-major D-1 school. You are right full rides at the D-1 level are unheard of. But packages are made, I was also on academic money. Lots of baseball players in college do not pay a dime to go school but that does not mean they are on full athletic scholorship.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I swear this site is like a bunch of frat boys lying about the size of their "package" to the sorority girls. Everyone seems to be making thousands of dollars either a month or a year playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just a college kid about to graduate this summer and I play poker on the internet for fun and I guess i'm up about $200 or $300 from playing SNG tables and low limit ring tables over the past year.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that you're one of those players who barely turns out a profit and is jealous about how much other people are earning so you automatically think most posters are lying? You need to grow up!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:48 PM

STFU noob, I make thousands of dollars a month.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:48 PM

What's the matter, did our budding major leaguer take a "bad beat" when you flopped top pair with your limped-in K4o and the flush-draw beat you on the river?

Seriously though, what makes you think the posters here owe you anything? There is a TON of great poker strategy and discussion in these forums. There is an equal amount of crap. If you're not bright enough to sift through it, go somewhere else. Do you think frequent posters here really care what other anonymous internet poker players think about their win-rate?