Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: What\'s the standard fee for teaching poker?

I friend of mine wanted to learn how to play. So I told him pretty much all I knew (which wasn't much). I think now he is a better player than me and we have great discussions about poker of which I learn a lot.

Peter
Old 01-17-2005, 04:04 AM

Ahahahah 20% bi-weekley i would not take a single lesson from you you dont know poker. Thats ridiculous somebody said it earlier no matter how good he is he cant make a profit if u taking 20% bi-weekley spreed that payment way out or you will both not succeed. Take 5% bi-weekley at the most. Or better yet take 20% every 2-3 months. U take 20% bi-weekley youll crack his role not only that you might hurt him more then help him if hes paying for his own games. Think about it lets say you gave him the money to play with. If u took 20% of his profits every 2 weeks do you think that would be good for you, would u think you were making money or really losing money by bleeding him and making him play poorly.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:55 AM

If he wants to learn bad enough, then he will simply pay attention. Paying a fee is silly. My sister is learning poker and I teach her a little, but I don't charge. If she wants it bad enough she will work her ass off.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:24 AM

If the idea is for him to become a winning ONLINE player the standard is to have him sign up to the sites with some sort of affiliate stuff so some of his rake goes into your pocket, its very important that it lies in both partys interest for him to become winning imo, the better he becomes the more money will you make [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]