Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: 30/60 bellagio

hey biker,

the fact that you said that he's a nerdy nit makes me feel like the fold is okay, but when i was playing at that same bellagio 30 game, there were a lot of live "regulars" there that would play something like A9 or even a medium pocket pair that way thinking a "real" hand would smoothcall the flop c/r and raise the turn.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:57 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

If im calling the turn, Im calling the river. Nothing has really changed given his play. Or were you planning on folding to any overcard to your tens? You just represented an overpair to him and he's still betting into you on the turn. Here you're either going to showdown, or folding.

Im not putting him on a draw. Why c/r the flop HU with no one in between? He's not likely getting a free card with his position. I think he has a hand. May not be a Q, but how does he play trips? Most won't play it that way, but who knows, maybe. You went that far, call 1 more and find out. Then use it later in the session.

b
Old 01-07-2005, 03:04 AM

3 bet the flop. Why wouldnt you. He overlimps UTG+1 he could have had 9 hands that he would probably play this way. any pair j10 (doubtful) q10 qj kq thats about it. When he checkraises the flop heads up like that the chances of him having a queen usualy are not good. Especialy in vegas. So 3 bet the flop cuz u have the best hand and people dont f*ck with you. When he bets into you on the turn raise or fold. If your convinced he has a queen fold. If not raise, and your going to find out really quick weather he has a queen or not. Raising the turn in this situation is so much better than call call. Especialy when your a "flop pounder" like me.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:15 AM

Typical 30/60 bellagio

Do you live there now?

As for the hand, I can't calling the turn if you are not going to call the river, over or not. Plus, I call the turn c/r and raise the river. You are way ahead or way behind.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall
Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 AM

Go read the B&M trip report for BK's trip report...don't think he'll live there anytime soon though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2005, 03:40 AM

fold the turn
Old 01-07-2005, 08:17 AM

No sir. I'd just been playing it for 3 days by this point and it seemed pretty regular. I think a lot of the people in vegas suck and I'd really never want to live there.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:50 PM

I can't calling the turn if you are not going to call the river, over or not. Plus, I call the turn c/r and raise the river. You are way ahead or way behind.

AL.......ahh nevermind
Old 01-07-2005, 01:39 PM

I don't like the three-bet on the flop, but everyone already said that. I would go into call-down mode on the flop and all the way to the river. I don't ever get bluffed out of heads up pots like this. Then again, I don't do that well at poker either...
Old 01-07-2005, 04:24 PM

dont listen to that last post, call down mode... "weak and passive" is not how u wanna play,