Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Starting with $600 at $2-4 fixed limit, 6 month goal?

With a 150BB roll, there's probably a 5-10% chance of a winning player busting out at each level they play before moving up... so if you're strict to the 150 BB rule, and don't drop down, then you'll have a pretty high chance to bust in the long run.

Sooooo, at about 1000 hands/table/wk you'll win 20BB/wk at one table. So, for 1 table, You'll hit $900 in about 4 weeks. Switch to 3/6, then after 9 weeks you'll hit $1500 for 5/10. After 16 weeks you'll have $3000. After 20 weeks you'll be at 15/30, so you'd have another 6 weeks to get up to around $8100.

If we say that your chance of busting at each level is about 7%, then your chance of not busting for this challenge would be (.93) ^ 5 ~ 70%

So your expected earn should be (.7) * (8100 - 600) = $5250

Of course its a little upsurd to assume that your WR would stay constant at each level, unless you have a dramatic (yet somehow steady enough to keep pace with your current game level) increase in your skill level during this 6 month period.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 PM

Hi, this is my schedule.

I have start playing 4x1/2 with 400$ and i will not move up to 2/4 until i have played 30k hands no matter how much i win. If my winrate is higher than 2bb/100 after 30k hands, then i will take my chance at 2/4 tables with sufficient bankroll. It will be another 30k period before 3/6 etc

Thanks

Tomi
Old 01-05-2005, 03:50 PM

Answer: 32500$

- based upn the information. Then you are expected to be a long-term winner on every level, playing 4 tables at a time.

More realistic, it is said:

That you need 300BB before you are ready to take the swings of any level, so realistically you will stay one month of every level before moving on.

On the level 2/4 and 3/6 you should be able to handle 4 tables at once, winning app. 1BB at each table, given you are a long-term winner.

On the levels 5/10 and higher better stick to one table except you are much better than just very, very good. (Most players think they are, they are not, this includes myself).
On these levels you should be happy to win ½BB each hour.

First month: 4½ weeks, 15 hours a week, at four 2/4$ tables, 1BB won per table= 1080$

Bankroll are now: 1680, nearly 300BB at 3/6, ok.

2nd month: 4½ weeks, 15 hours a week, at four 3/6 tables, 1BB won per table: 1620$ won

Bankroll are now 3300$ - if it isn't, you should consider following, if you won more money the first month, go back to 2/4, if you won more the second month than the first, you should consider the following:

4½ weeks, 15 hours a week, at four 3/6 tables, 1BB hourly at each table: 1620$ in winnings...

4½ weeks, 15 hours a week, at one 5/10 table at ½BB an hours: 1350 in winnings (IF YOU ARE REAL GOOD) plus more insecurity.....

Naahh continue playing four 2/4 tables or 3/6 tables, you will end winning between 6K-10K USD....

Now there are three kind of people:

1. Group one (5-10 pct.) says: "I can easily multitable at 5/10 for more than ½BB"
2. Group two (20-30 pct.) says: "Yep, you are right, I'm good, not a super-expert pro-wannabe, so I stick to win a little, rather than losing a lot"
3. Group three (The majority) says: "F**king moron, I'm better than anybody else, me and my big ego are going to win loads of money at any level, I borrow money and jump right into 30/60"

Group 1: They are the very few, who are better than most, they got lot of experience, a good bankroll, have read many books, know all the concepts, can read their opponent, are very well-disciplined, and know their limits.
Group 2: Most longterm winners, have read some, know most concepts, have few leaks in their play - they are not gamblers.
Group 3: One or more of these: Beginners, too big ego, compulsive gamblers, don't know their leaks and limitations, thinks its luck-based.

-------------------------------------

Four tables on Partys 2/4 or 3/6 combined with reading, discipline, and tight-aggressive play can make you between 6K-10K on 6 months