Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Jim Rome has a take on the Fossil robbery

It's too bad "Chris" didn't really beat the crap out of him way back when.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:06 PM

His "takes" on the OJ' are friggin hillarious...pure Cali whiteboy...not sure if thats a good or bad thing. His forays into television have been pretty much disasterous...with his latest offering just behind "cold pizza" in entertainment value... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Is it just me or is ESPN trying a little to hard to branch out??....Sometimes you got to stick with what got you there. An original movie on Dale Earnhardt starring Barry Pepper...dont think ill be watching that one anytime soon.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's too bad "Chris" didn't really beat the crap out of him way back when.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the point when I started paying attention to Rome. Really respected him for it and thought it was very funny. Then I started listening to his show on and off on the radio for two years and spent about every day calling him an idiot. Of course, that is what makes many sports talk radio hosts so good.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:22 PM

IMO...(some of these are just local So.Cal shows...)

I listened to Jungle since 1994. Rome is sometimes really funny. His interviews are good. REACTION!

I like Lee Klien's nite show when he bashes the Lakers.

Around the horn on ESPN was better with Max, yet I cannot watch I-Max.

There is a late night show on Fox Radio called "the third shift". Third shift? Terd [censored]. (Like on Spinal Tap...Shark Sandwhich...[censored] sandwhich) Can't stand it. I always tune into ESPN radio when those screamers come on.

Loose Cannons are fine with me. Didn't like Vic the Brick when he called Kobe's alleged victim a money chasing hustler right after the incident. While it might be true, who knew or even knows what happened. She might have been raped and that's enough to reserve judgment. But I forgive and he's okay.

I like Hacksaw too, I guess I am just a fan of Sports Radio!

I really think Sean Salsbury (sp) is mean. John Clayton (I think that's him, the skinny wimpy guy) is going to cry when they debate. Yeah, Sean, you played the game, and you know what...you sucked.

For those who can't stand Bill Walton...I watched Lakers v Spurs from 1983 on NBA TV. Bill Russell...OMG! "The Spurs are really playing outside...I mean outstanding..." Every line was like this. How come nobody is smooth today like Gervin or Wilkes. Tim Duncan maybe...Marion. Oh...there is one. Ray Allen.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 PM

I disagree with everything in your post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

HATE Hacksaw. He makes everything sound like the end of the world...

FRESH OFF THE SPORTSWIRE... DATELINE ATLANTA! THIRD STRING FALCONS QB SKINS A KNEE PLAYING WITH TODDLERS, MAY BE OUT FOR TWO WEEKS. WOW! BIG NEWS OUT OF HOTLANTA TODAY. LET'S LIGHT UP THOSE PHONE LINES...
Old 01-04-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How come nobody is smooth today like Gervin or Wilkes.

[/ QUOTE ]

did sam perkins retire?

hacksaw is what he is. I've always wanted to call him up and ask him about John Derling, the great JuCo transfer QB that has signed with New Mexico St. and how it will affect the WAC.
I would expect him to BS his way through it...

I've never been a homer hartman fan, so the cannons are pretty bad in my book...

Vic the Brick is a douche...guess I don't really like anyone from the SuperStation.

Come to think of it, I listen to sportstalk radio, but really only like Tom Tolbert, and he's just local.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:41 PM

"Vic the Brick is a douche"...

Yeah. Or should I say..."FEEELING YOU!!!"
Old 01-04-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FRESH OFF THE SPORTSWIRE... DATELINE ATLANTA! THIRD STRING FALCONS QB SKINS A KNEE PLAYING WITH TODDLERS, MAY BE OUT FOR TWO WEEKS. WOW! BIG NEWS OUT OF HOTLANTA TODAY. LET'S LIGHT UP THOSE PHONE LINES...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. That's funny. His "this just in off the sportwire" makes me laugh. You don't think Rome is funny doing Hacksaw (or as he calls him, butterknife"...Rancho Penisquitas, Vista, let light these lines up, El Cajon, REATION!

Admit it, you laughed the first time anyways! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

What about the nicknames: ie. Arrancha Sanchez Vacarrio (not close sp) = "a raunchy chick from the barrio"?? Phenominal! Classic!!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:56 PM

You really respected him for it?

I don't listen to his show much, but admit I actually like *some* of what he has to say on those few occasions I've heard it. Meaning he turned around my opinion of him somewhat after that Everett thing. I don't know why anyone would respect someone for being a jackass.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Vic the Brick is a douche"...

Yeah. Or should I say..."FEEELING YOU!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally got a radio in my car so I listened to the entire raiders pregame on the way up from San Diego to Santa Barbara, and besides the nigerian nightmare (can't spell his real name) all the other guys sounded like a bunch of stupid vanilla ice wannabe's.

"ye ye anaheim we feelin ya, much love from...."