Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Can you lay this down?

[ QUOTE ]
Im in the SB on the first hand of a sit n go so its only 5 more to me, obviously i call as im 2/3 the way in

[/ QUOTE ]

I am noticing that it is thinking like this with hands like these that cost me alot of chips very unecessarily.
I would not complete this blind if the pot gave me five chips back, think about it, what do I need to flop besides the perfect flop, that I am happy or reasonably confident with?
If a J hits how can I put any chips into the pot with zero kicker? and the same goes for the three, second lowest card in the deck with a weak kicker. So unless JJ3, 33J or something equally unlikely and fantastical hits the board, I am in all the trouble there is.
It isn't so much the fact that it is only costing another five chips that should be important here but rather how many chips can I loose with this hand should I flop something that isn't perfect.
So, I dont know if I can lay this hand down. Frankly, I would like to think I can and would because I could clearly be in trouble here, and that isn't where I want to be on the first hand of a tourney, so rather than be in these spots....I will opt not to play these types of hands.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Can you lay this down?

i tend not to complete the bb with a hand like this. but completing isn't horrible. and busting out on this flop isn't horrible either. on a party poker 10 +1, chances are you're way ahead. i agree with the range of hands talked through earlier, indicating probably top pair and good kicker.

i'd call.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Results

When i am the small blind in first level of low limit sit n gos i almost always come in, especially if i am suited. I should have given some more info and said there was something like 5 limpers behind me as well. Also, if i were to flop top pair jack i wouldn't feel a thing folding, but i just couldn't lay this down to some PP retard who may have only a flush draw, or even something worse.

In the end i called, and he did show me the only thing i thought he could have to beat me, J-10.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:37 PM

I agree with Turk. Fold this PF. If you want to complete the BB in this scenario, you'd rather have connectors, T3 sucks.

Second of all, you pretty much have to call this. You flopped pretty much what you were hoping for. As stated before, a pair of Ts on the board is better, but 2 of a kind is just as good.

IMHO, you bet enough of these and lose, you'll begin to see the light and fold PF.

Scuba
Old 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM

That sucks. What buy-in was this?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:08 PM

This was a 30+3 on PP. Maybe i should be folding this because i know for a fact i can get my money in when i have a more sure hand, but in a small buy-in PP tournament they could have almost anything and i just could not fold it.