Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: 2nd hand, QQ

I might raise a little larger PF. The bet on the flop and turn seem alright (I would be a little scared on the turn after he called), but when he keeps checking and calling very large bets I would definitely check on the river.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now start from the flop with this in mind. Your raise to t350 is pretty good but your reason for it is probably wrong. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the correct reason "because they like to call"?
Old 01-03-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now start from the flop with this in mind. Your raise to t350 is pretty good but your reason for it is probably wrong. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the correct reason "because they like to call"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Now, let's say he calls that and checks to you on the turn. The pot's 900 and you've 600 behind; it's a clear all in.

But if you both had 1500 behind to start the hand, you'd have more wiggle room. In that case, against an ABC, TAG player the answer would be an on the fly calculation - how often you're drawing dead, how often you will stay ahead when ahead right now, and how often you would induce a bluff on a blank river if you check behind. This is far more important because an ABC player certainly doesn't play a flush draw like this (unless maybe it's AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] )- he's either going to try a resteal, has something like JJ-66 or you are in deep trouble.

Against a fish, ignore everything I just said and bet the most you think he'll call. (Admission time: I'm still working on those *river* value bets...but I'd bet about 600 on the turn and decide about a CR when I got there.)
Old 01-03-2005, 01:45 PM

He had J9o. I didnt think there would be a set out there and the small bet was top pair. I am unhappy about my flop bet, after reading posts the standard seems to be around the size of the pot so about 300-400 would have been better.

If he continued and checked the turn, I probably would have gone all in with the safe card. I have noticed at 2+0.5 many people play junk for small amounts so wasnt worried about KK,AA which were the possible better hands