Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: ESPN\'s \"Tilt\" - Your Thoughts?

I want to be the' Snuffaluffagus' of poker.

I actually also think that some of the real poker-nicknames of fairly famous players are kind of stupid.
The Devilfish is the one that immediately leaps to mind.

I told a friend about a big online tourney that I had won and she wanted to refer to me as "The Champ" whenever she saw me. I said "Ummm...just call me Bob. poker-nicknames are retared."
Old 01-01-2005, 08:41 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Poker Nicknames

Hmmmm.....nicknames are retarded you say?

I dunno, I've come up with the following for myself:

1. AJ "The Triple Threat" Martino (cause I play 7-stud, Omaha hi/lo and NL Hold 'Em)

2. AJ "Short Stack" Martino (I'm only 5 feet 1 inch, pretty midgety)

3. Magic 8-ball Martino (I use a mini-magic 8 ball as my card protector, then look at it when I'm heads-up, say "did you make your flush.....? My sources say NO!"

Then again, if I were Irish I could be "Crazylegs McDoogan" and run around shouting "My legs sho' is crazy!" and then "My legs still be crazy!"

And if I was a pimp, I could be "Pimp Wit' A Limp" and flash some made-up gang signs and talk in poorly constructed sentences....
Old 01-01-2005, 09:04 PM

I'm known as 'the kid' where I play. I mainly play stud so I am about 30+ years younger than most players.

The reason I know of this nickname is because I hear, 'doesn't the kid know it's ok to check'. 'that kid ruins this game'. 'that kid is so lucky'. 'that kid busted me again'

Melch
Old 01-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

It looks like fun, but...

Let's start with the wardrobe on the commercials. I don't know too many 'pro' players that wear those type of clothes. At least not when they're playing.

b
Old 01-01-2005, 10:02 PM

I repeat myself. Do not try to bluff me. Ever.

I will call you down with 4 high, just to make sure you are not trying to pull some sort of fancy "move" with 3 high so you can make me look silly.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:43 PM

you cannot give yourself a nickname it againts the rules!
Old 01-01-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will call you down with 4 high, just to make sure you are not trying to pull some sort of fancy "move" with 3 high so you can make me look silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder you and the gang lost all your money to nerdlinger (maxwell or whatever his name was)... he was just value betting you to death, and you had to look macho in front of Jessie
Old 01-01-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder you and the gang lost all your money to nerdlinger (maxwell or whatever his name was)... he was just value betting you to death, and you had to look macho in front of Jessie

[/ QUOTE ]

Those Goddamn nerds! You don't win at poker by reading books! You win by having the biggest balls!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those Goddamn nerds! You don't win at poker by reading books! You win by flexing your machismo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn striaght... and with those dimples nobody can stop you
Old 01-01-2005, 11:35 PM

Last night at Motorcity. D Town. I'm in a game. No limit. Hold em. (blinds 15/25)

I'm in MP with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] folded to me and I raise 10x the BB, folded to button who calls. The blinds fold.

Flop : A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet the pot. Button calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I overbet the pot. Doubling it. I'm on a total bluff.

Button calls.

This player was a total pussy. A total rock. He's been sitting there for well over an hour and he's folded every single hand. For an hour! I know he has pocket Aces. It's the only thing he could have. But he's a bitch and I know I can make him laydown.

River is f*uckin irrelevant cause I own this bitch.

I look this bitch right in the eye and I say "Your aces are no good buddy, I flopped Quads." And then I bet All In and I've got about a hundred grand, so I've got him covered. This guppie has about 5 grand left on the table. He thinks for a few minutes and the whole time I'm spittin my game telling him that if he calls then he's gonna be broke.

He finally folds his Aces full and I show my ten high total bluff. Everyone at the table laughs at the bitch and I drag a monster pot. Just then the waitress comes by and hands me my drink and I tip her a black chip and she says "Thanks sweetie" the way waitresses are wont to do. And then I tell her, really smooth too, "That ain't for the drink" As I motion with my eyes, quickly glancing at my crotch.

And she seems to understand what I mean and she gets under the table like a good little slut and gives me head right there in the public poker room. I tip the dealer a couple a black chips while she's going at it (and she's really going at it) and I smile and say to the stunned onlookers who are in utter awe of my coolness "just another day at the office." [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]