Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: The lesson ...

Whens the last time Greg "don vito" Raymer seen his bait and tackle?
Old 12-30-2004, 02:15 PM

Default Re: The Raymer incident finally made my morning paper

[ QUOTE ]
He is just trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame in to 17.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, *he* is not the one intiating the posts regarding the incident. It's only natural that he would respond to a post or inquiry such as this.

Regards,
Jarid
Old 12-30-2004, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whens the last time Greg "don vito" Raymer seen his bait and tackle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stick to RGP or quit being an [censored] [censored].
Old 12-30-2004, 02:40 PM

LOL this is gettin hillarious.....

I am taking no sides...and think its silly for people to berate Fossilman for acting against his self interest. IF people didnt engage in behavior like this Las Vegas would be just another western ghost town lol.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These guys never asked me to hand over my money. They quite clearly had a plan to get me into my room and tie me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the article said they just wanted the money. Raymer keeps claiming they wanted to kidnap him and/or push him in to the room and kill him...He would have been better off not embellishing. Should have just said "They tried to rob me. I chased them even though one had a gun." end of story.

Ok, let's see if I get this. Two guys with a police records walk into the Bellagio with enough rope (thick enough and long enough) to tie up a 330 pound, uh, muscular guy that is well known...

That wouldn't call any attention to themselves [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sounds like the story kids tell that grow and grow with each telling. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, let's see if I get this. Two guys with a police records walk into the Bellagio with enough rope (thick enough and long enough) to tie up a 330 pound, uh, muscular guy that is well known...

That wouldn't call any attention to themselves [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am kicking myself for even responding to this thread, but duct tape or cable ties are much more effective than rope and easily concealed.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So the article said they just wanted the money. Raymer keeps claiming they wanted to kidnap him and/or push him in to the room and kill him...

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this right, you believe short 4 paragraph article in a NY paper regarding what happened in Vegas over the only person who was actually there. What a tool you are. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 03:29 PM

Actually I'm saying everyone connected witht he story is lying and/or xaggerating for their own purposes.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I'm saying everyone connected witht he story is lying and/or xaggerating for their own purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep claiming the Greg is trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame with this story, but how sad is it that you are trying to create your own 15 minutes of noteriety attacking him? So sad go out and do something on your own.
You only have a split second to react he did what he decided in that second what he thought was right, I personally would rather put somebody to the test of taking a chance of them shooting me in a public place then letting them lead me into a private place. The gun was probably to intimidate Greg and they really didn't plan on using it, however in the privacy of his room them realizing that hey he has seen our face etc.. Well like I said I would rather face a gun in public with a fighting chance then in a private room perhaps tied up.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:47 PM

Default I think he did the right thing

There are so many posts on here about how everyone thinks Greg did the wrong thing, I guess that I'll just start a new one to say that I think that he made the right decision.

I don't know exactly what happened, and of course there are going to be conflicting reports of what happened, so I'll go on 3 assumptions. 1) Greg was accosted outside his hotel room. 2) Two attackers, one of whom had a gun, demanded that he give them his money. 3) The amount of money he had on him was not significant relative to the amount that he won in last year's main event.

I think that given his newfound wealth and fame (whether or not it is fleeting has yet to be seen), he took a stand against these attackers because regardless of the outcome, this event would have been exposed in the media, and if it came to light that he had quickly given over his money, he would become a target for other attackers who were looking to make a good score (and even if he was carrying a thousand dollars, which so many people are making out to be chump change, it's a hell of a lot more than a mugger would make off of nearly anyone else). By fighting them off, he's made it clear that he won't let himself become a victim and has hopefully changed the minds of anyone else who has thought about trying to rob him

As an aside, for everyone who has been saying that he made a bad move by fighting off the attackers, you know that you'd be making the same posts saying that he had done something stupid if he had done what you're telling him to do and just handed over his money.