Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 01:02 PM

Default And you wonder why your stuck in this game?

"Perhaps I've caught him on off days, or perhaps the fact I am at the table betting and 3-betting every street slows him down a little".

The truth shall set ye free,

TSP
Old 12-30-2004, 01:06 PM

Default Re: A few of the top Party 5/10 6-maxers . . .

[ QUOTE ]
I've also noticed woodfordman 4 tabling as have him down as a semi-loose agg-agg with a net loss over 1400 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just goes to show you how low sample sizes can mislead you -- I have him over around the same number of hands as uber-tight and a 3BB/100 winner. I guess his real play is probably somewhere in between.

I just want to know if he's a 2+2'er, dammit!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:25 PM

I think that is an important point here. The sample sizes here are so low as to be meaningless. Like I said, I may not push hard against someone noted here but I'm probably going to look for softer tables.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:09 PM

I'll say that my names come up on these lists. I'm flattered (I think), since I don't think my game is that good (or at least I know (think I know) where my holes are for the most part. There's one that keeps re-appearing -- but I digress [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Actually I wouldn't mind a detailed analysis of my game from the posters here from their point of view.

I'm Gamblinman99.

Haven't been posting here lately (I've mostly been over on the ITH forum to tell the truth) but there's more expertise here at shorthanded play so I think it's time I started posting here again. Plus the signal-to-noise ratio in this forum is usually half-way decent.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:42 PM

Gamblinman99,

Ahhhh my arch enemy shows himself! I've wondered how it is we usually end up at the same table [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

___1___
Old 12-30-2004, 04:46 PM

It is the evil ___1___!

Okay, what's your REAL name? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 04:50 PM

Grisgra,

It's just ___1___ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Have we had any encounters at the tables?

___1___
Old 12-30-2004, 04:53 PM

We have, we have, and you are on my avoid list as well (unless the table is extra-juicy). And man, I see you there a LOT.

I know that we've sat at the same table before, just don't remember the results! But I tend to avoid all the TAAs I see. Which is why I'm afraid I don't even have a prayer of getting an ego-boost from this thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I have been on the same table with GamblinMan99 a couple times recently. He folded his BB to my open-raise from the SB a couple times. He must fear me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-30-2004, 05:00 PM

Grisgra,

Hmmmm...I'll have to look closely at my DB and find out who you are. It can't be that difficult to track you down.

And, yes, I play waaaayyyy too much. I think 50,000 hands last month...

___1___
Old 12-30-2004, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll say that my names come up on these lists. I'm flattered (I think), since I don't think my game is that good (or at least I know (think I know) where my holes are for the most part. There's one that keeps re-appearing -- but I digress [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Actually I wouldn't mind a detailed analysis of my game from the posters here from their point of view.

I'm Gamblinman99.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was starting to think it was Grisgra because many of your key stats were so similar to the stats Grisgra posted recently (aggression, WTSD, W$SD and so forth).

I've seen you at my table quite a bit recently so I'm guessing we are chasing the same fish. But you chew them up too fast so I've started looking for other hunting grounds [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As for an analysis I do have some thoughts but perhaps it is better I pm you?