Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Bin Laden Says Boycott Iraq Elections

It's not like our homeland security is that great, so they're probably planning something really, really big right now.

Actually most people feel the security IS great...thats why there hasnt been an attack for 3 1/4 yrs from this motivated and well armed enemy. The war in Iraq is a screw up but I would be hardpressed to say we "are making war on the Iraqi people.." This kinda crap is straight out of the Berkely student guidebook for ridiculous statements.

Even if there was another attack by Al Qaeda Id be very pleased with the efficacy of the steps taken to prevent attacks...3 1/4 yrs is alot of dodged bullets man.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:16 PM

Default And the U.S. Says Vote

What is the difference?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:55 PM

It's finally time to get serious in Iraq. We need to send in Wal-Mart.

-Zeno
Old 12-29-2004, 04:36 PM

No, that's not true at all. Very few containers coming into our ports are inspected.

If AQ wanted to attack us right now I don't think it would be that hard at all.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think we should leave right now. And if not now then immediately after the elections. People who say that if we leave that AQ will become incredibly strong in Iraq and plot against us are just spazzing.

[/ QUOTE ] hmmm, this is new to me. I thought people were worried that fundamental Muslims would take over the country just like in Iran? I think that is the reason Bush wants to keep troops over there.

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like our homeland security is that great

[/ QUOTE ] Its pretty good though. America is a huge country, so we are definitely vunerable in a lot of areas. I think they have been doing a pretty good job domesticly, but who knows, maybe the Admin is glossing it over.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course they attacked us on 9/11 because we had troops in Saudi Arabia and because of our strong support for Israel.

[/ QUOTE ] This is part of it, but definitely not the only reason.

[ QUOTE ]
It may have been seen as a pussy move by some on here, but it shows that the terrorists kept their word

[/ QUOTE ] You do not negotiate with terrorists, that plays perfectly into their hand. If kidnapping civilians and then forcing demands on other countries is successful, guess what, they do it again. For Gods sake, these people have murdered civilians, which includes reporters, aid workers, and people helping to rebuild their country.

[ QUOTE ]
but it's sad that Nick Berg and other Americans had to die because we were unwilling to negotiate

[/ QUOTE ] The U.S. didn't negotiate because they are smart and have a back bone. The U.S. should not be held accountable for the barbaric acts of "insurgents".

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that some of the strongest war opponents have a point when they state that we are occupying Iraq, after all, and ask us to put ourselves in the position of the Iraqi people. If a foreign power(say, Canada) invaded us and deposed our leader, wouldn't you resist? Even if you don't like Bush, would you want to see this country taken over by Canada? Maybe Canada isn't the best example because a lot of people actually like Canada. So what about China? Would that be cool with you guys?

[/ QUOTE ] If we had a dictator for a leader and one that murdered dissidents, and some country said we are going to invade, despose of your leader, help to rebuild your country, and set up elections in the timeliest manor possible, I would not resist, I would thank them.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think we should leave right now. And if not now then immediately after the elections. People who say that if we leave that AQ will become incredibly strong in Iraq and plot against us are just spazzing.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
hmmm, this is new to me. I thought people were worried that fundamental Muslims would take over the country just like in Iran? I think that is the reason Bush wants to keep troops over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have fundamentalist Christians in charge of our government right now. What's the difference?

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like our homeland security is that great

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Its pretty good though. America is a huge country, so we are definitely vunerable in a lot of areas. I think they have been doing a pretty good job domesticly, but who knows, maybe the Admin is glossing it over.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's vulnerable as long as we pursue this imperialistic foreign policy. There's a reason France and Germany haven't been attacked by terrorists like we have.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course they attacked us on 9/11 because we had troops in Saudi Arabia and because of our strong support for Israel.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
This is part of it, but definitely not the only reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, these are the only two reasons Bin Laden mentioned. What incentive would we have to lie? He wouldn't omit stuff because, believe me, he wants us to stop what we are doing.

[ QUOTE ]
It may have been seen as a pussy move by some on here, but it shows that the terrorists kept their word

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
You do not negotiate with terrorists, that plays perfectly into their hand. If kidnapping civilians and then forcing demands on other countries is successful, guess what, they do it again. For Gods sake, these people have murdered civilians, which includes reporters, aid workers, and people helping to rebuild their country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and the United States government has killed tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians. I wasn't aware that blowing them back to the Stone Age counted as a liberation. And it doesn't matter if the deaths were "collateral damage". A dead Iraqi is still a dead Iraqi. A child's mother still grieves the same.

It's also funny that the first resources the United States went to protect in Iraq were the oil wells. They posted military guards at these wells almost immediately.

[ QUOTE ]
but it's sad that Nick Berg and other Americans had to die because we were unwilling to negotiate

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
The U.S. didn't negotiate because they are smart and have a back bone. The U.S. should not be held accountable for the barbaric acts of "insurgents".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and as a result, we have lost American lives, the lives of those hostages. It wasn't worth it. The United States is too concerned with having people view it as a superpower who does not negotiate with terrorists, and not concerned enough with protecting the lives of the people that we have over there.

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that some of the strongest war opponents have a point when they state that we are occupying Iraq, after all, and ask us to put ourselves in the position of the Iraqi people. If a foreign power(say, Canada) invaded us and deposed our leader, wouldn't you resist? Even if you don't like Bush, would you want to see this country taken over by Canada? Maybe Canada isn't the best example because a lot of people actually like Canada. So what about China? Would that be cool with you guys?

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
If we had a dictator for a leader and one that murdered dissidents, and some country said we are going to invade, despose of your leader, help to rebuild your country, and set up elections in the timeliest manor possible, I would not resist, I would thank them.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a president whose election in 2000 was dubious, whose election this time around was marked by allegations of widespread voter fraud involving electronic voting machines.

And, no, Bush doesn't murder dissidents, Bush just imprisons them. There were people in jail for months after 9/11. These people weren't able to see a lawyer, and weren't able to converse with anyone in their native tongue. They were shut off from the outside world.

Hey, Cracka, would you be fine with someone invading if they told you that the first bombs they were going to drop were going to be over your parents' house? What if there was a good chance your family might die as a result of the bombing? Would you be cool with that? Because that tens of thousands of Iraqi families had to face. You can't just gloss over the incredible carnage that we have inflicted and talk about how we "liberated" them.

I'm telling you, the solution to all of these problems is rather easy.

Pull our troops out of Iraq. Also pull them out of every foreign country they are stationed in. Bring them home. Their job is to defend AMERICA. That's what it says in the United States Constitution.

If we did this, and issued some kind of apology(I know, too much of a pussy move, right?) to the world for wreaking so much havoc over the past 70 years, maybe, just maybe, they would forgive us. And then we wouldn't have to worry about terrorist attacks anymore. We could live in peace.

Switzerland is right in the middle of Europe and does not get attacked. You've said it's because they're neutral. That's correct. We should be neutral as well. Unless you like being attacked that is.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:30 PM

There may be a connection now, but there wasn't when we invaded Iraq.

It's kind of ironic that eventually all the reasons Bush claimed for going to war might eventually come to fruition. Al-Quaeda and Iraq may become real allies, Iraqi insurgents may find a way to get their hands on real dangerous weapons, etc.

He has truly made the situation FUBAR.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have fundamentalist Christians in charge of our government right now. What's the difference?

[/ QUOTE ] wow.... I am speechless. Last time I checked, these "fundamentalist Christians" weren't killing girls forced into prostitution, or executing people in public, maybe I am wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]
It's vulnerable as long as we pursue this imperialistic foreign policy. There's a reason France and Germany haven't been attacked by terrorists like we have.

[/ QUOTE ] That is because France and Germany are spineless pussies. The U.S. is not advancing an imperialistic policy, quit making things up.

[ QUOTE ]

No, these are the only two reasons Bin Laden mentioned

[/ QUOTE ] ah jeez...

[ QUOTE ]
A dead Iraqi is still a dead Iraqi. A child's mother still grieves the same.

[/ QUOTE ] yes, and she grieved when her husband was taken away during the middle of the night and was tortured and killed by Saddams thugs. And she also grieves when a suicide bomber blows up in front a crowd of people killing them.

[ QUOTE ]
It's also funny that the first resources the United States went to protect in Iraq were the oil wells. They posted military guards at these wells almost immediately.

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe they realized in order for the country to be rebuilt and to prosper, the most important resource in the country needed to be protected? I don't know, but I agree, it seems weird.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and as a result, we have lost American lives, the lives of those hostages. It wasn't worth it. The United States is too concerned with having people view it as a superpower who does not negotiate with terrorists, and not concerned enough with protecting the lives of the people that we have over there.

[/ QUOTE ] You are not grasping what I am saying, perhaps it can best be described with a equation.

terrorist kidnap civis and gives demands to U.S.+ Following demands= Terrorists getting their way, which means more of the same tactics

[ QUOTE ]
We have a president whose election in 2000 was dubious, whose election this time around was marked by allegations of widespread voter fraud involving electronic voting machines.

[/ QUOTE ] Oh god, get past the fcuking 2000 election, seriously, it happened, oh well, quit crying about it. As for whatever you are trying to say about the 2004 election stfu, Kerry lost fair and square(I even voted for him!).

Dude, you are so far out in La La Land it isn't even funny. The U.S. should withdraw all its troops? Okay, fine, we can do that, then we can draw ourselves out of the UN(I hope) and we can let the rest of the world go on killing themselves(Rwanda, Kosovo, Bosnia, East Timor, Somalia, Sudan etc...). I would love for us to do this(seriously), then we could watch the rest of the world kill themselves and asking us why we aren't helping(or if we do help, why it takes so long for us to mobolize and send out troops, hmmmm... maybe because we would have to fly them in from 10k miles away with no stationing base). I am serious I would love this, it would save us a helluva lot of money.

Or better yet, why not be totally nuetral and just sit over here and make absurd amounts of money, yeah that probably won't make anyone angry and jealous. Seriously, pull your head out of your ass.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:50 PM

You're just being foolish.

You have this statist philosophy, mixed with a desire to get the United States involved in every conflict that pops up.

Bin Laden isn't jealous of our money. He is quite rich himself in fact, as is Saddam.

They don't hate us for our freedoms either. That's just Fox News bullshit.

They hate us because we meddle in conflicts too much. It's just as simple as that.

If we did withdraw from every country and minded our own business, we would most likely not be attacked. It's fair to say that the chances of us being attacked on our own soil again would decrease by at least 90%.

And it's funny how easily you can dismiss voter fraud. Tens of thousands of African-Americans, turned away at the polls. The Republicans had police stationed at polling places to scare African-Americans and try and stop them from voting. They scrubbed thousands of voters off the rolls just because they shared a similar name to a felon or had a somewhat similar Social Security number.

Bush didn't win Florida. Almost all of the studies after the fact showed that Al Gore won Florida.

As for terrorists continuing their tactics, it's important to understand that they are resorting to these tactics because of OUR actions. They want us out of Iraq. If we were to withdraw from Iraq then they wouldn't be able to kidnap Americans anymore, because we wouldn't be over there.

There were no suicide bombers in Iraq before we went in. We've gotten more Iraqis killed in the past two years than Saddam had in the past ten. And, yes, the United States is also partially responsible for when suicide bombers in Iraq detonate their explosives and when they blow up convoys and civilians get killed. None of this would be happening if the United States went over there.

You have this "America is always right" philosophy and it is clouding your judgement.

And I'm prety sure that in another post that you voted for Bush. [b]How could you have voted for Kerry AND Bush[b]?
Old 12-29-2004, 07:05 PM

you are just chock full of assumptions today.

[ QUOTE ]
You have this statist philosophy, mixed with a desire to get the United States involved in every conflict that pops up.

Bin Laden isn't jealous of our money. He is quite rich himself in fact, as is Saddam.

They don't hate us for our freedoms either. That's just Fox News bullshit.

They hate us because we meddle in conflicts too much. It's just as simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ] do I have? I didn't want us to go to Iraq, but were there now, so what are you going to do about it? Would you rather we mess something up and leave it that way, or would you rather we mess something up and try to fix it? As for OBL, he calls on his men to kill us, the infidels, and why does he call us that? Because we are not Muslims, and because we are sinners. We have half naked women all over the place, we allow people to drink and smoke. This is definetly about a clash of cultures, don't forget that. True, he doesn't want us in Saudia Arabia, but so what, the Saudi government does. Should the world listen and bow to fanatical wackos whenever they demand something?

[ QUOTE ]
And it's funny how easily you can dismiss voter fraud. Tens of thousands of African-Americans, turned away at the polls. The Republicans had police stationed at polling places to scare African-Americans and try and stop them from voting. They scrubbed thousands of voters off the rolls just because they shared a similar name to a felon or had a somewhat similar Social Security number.

[/ QUOTE ] Its not that I dismiss it, its just that I am tired of hearing it. Nothing you say or do will change what happened, seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
As for terrorists continuing their tactics, it's important to understand that they are resorting to these tactics because of OUR actions.

[/ QUOTE ] Thank you for saying this. Yup we sure had it coming for having troops in Saudia Arabia, I guess those 3500 people had it coming in the WTC.

[ QUOTE ]
They want us out of Iraq. If we were to withdraw from Iraq then they wouldn't be able to kidnap Americans anymore, because we wouldn't be over there.

[/ QUOTE ] The fact that you think this is the solution to the terrorist problem amuses me greatly, as well, your logic is impecable.

[ QUOTE ]
And, yes, the United States is also partially responsible for when suicide bombers in Iraq detonate their explosives and when they blow up convoys and civilians get killed. None of this would be happening if the United States went over there.

[/ QUOTE ] ah jeez, thats right, we are to blame for terrorist killing civilians. I really hope everyone is reading these posts, because this is some of the dumbest [censored] ever.

[ QUOTE ]
And you said in another post that you voted for Bush. How could you have voted for Kerry and Bush?

[/ QUOTE ]Did I? I don't think so, I'll chock this up to you not knowing what you are talking about, again. Do some searches in the archives, I don't need to explain myself to you anymore.