Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2004, 10:14 PM

Default no talent

this forum usually seems to be the one people turn to when they are feeling down. that is not the case for this one even if it may come off that way it is just me trying to be honest about myself. i have recently come to believe that there is no way that i will ever be better than a low limit player. i have been playing cards seriously for a little over a year now and i feel that i just am not capable of the kind of thinking that it takes to be successful at the higher limits. i have never been very smart and always been horrible at strategy games. i have always known that i dont have any natural ability but i convinced myself that if i just worked hard enough that i would be able to overcompensate for my limited natural abilities finally in the last week or two my opinion about that has changed. does anyone believe that you can overcome this? i mean half of the time i order the wrong thing at the Olive Garden because i dont make good decisions in the heat of the ordering moment. well maybe it isnt that bad. another thing is this i really do enjoy making extra money at gambling but i just cant stand playing cards anymore if i am never going to be as good as i want to be. i was thinking about learning about sports betting or somthing else like that. i am hoping for suggestions of other kinds of gambling for people with no ability. thanks for the advice