Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Make up your own games? (No REAL poker content, I guess)

Hey all,

Last night after our cash game broke up, the 4 remaining people at my home game decided on a $3 dealer's-choice SNG for some fun. We started off somewhat normally, but then just started making up our own games (or playing some legit ones and modifying them greatly). Here's a list of some that we played, and had an awesomely fun time doing. It was the most enjoyable poker I think I've ever played! (I am crossposting this from the small stakes forum, because I got a little off topic there)

Without further, the games:
<ul type="square">[*]9-hole-card omaha (hi/lo also)[*]4-card omaha in which you could use any or all of your hole cards[*]pinepple (3 hole cards, discard one post-flop, plays like hold'em)[*]irish pineapple (4 hole cards, discard one preflop and one post-flop)[*]jamaican irish pineapple (5 hole cards, discard one preflop, post-flop, and post-turn)[*]deuce-to-seven triple draw (we also played it with one community card dealt before the third draw)[*]razz[*]acey-deucey triple-draw[*]tic-tac-holdem (in which three flops are dealt, in a 3x3 square, and you can use your 2 hole cards in addition to the cards in any row, column, or diagonal, to make the best 5-card hand)[*]bizzarro stud hi/lo (first 2 face up, 3rd-6th streets face down, 7th street face up)[*]blind man's semi-bluff (3 hole cards, 1 of which is exposed at random for everyone except you to see, flop/turn/river just like hold'em)[/list]
Throw in some double/triple flops, hi/lo splits, and a wild card or two for added fun.

My favorite game of the night, though, was Gin Poker. The game is played like so: 7 cards dealt to each player after antes. Top card of deck flipped face up. Dealer starts the action by "paying" a certain amount (say 5x the ante) to draw a card. He can draw from either the top of the deck, or from any of the cards face-up on the table. After drawing though, he needs to discard one card, so there are always 7 in each player's hand. Action proceeds to next player, who can pay the same amount to draw and discard in the same manner. As cards start collecting face-up from discards, players can pick any card, not just the top one, if they choose not to draw from the deck. If a player does not want to pay to draw, the only option is to fold and save money. This continues until one person thinks they've made the best 5-card poker hand. At this point, instead of paying 5x ante to draw a card, a player may announce "stand pat" and pay a higher fee, like 10x or 15x the ante. At this point, the other players must decide if they want to call that fee and go to showdown, or fold. A player may announce "stand pat" at any time, even just to try to steal the antes. Obviously, best 5-card poker hand at showdown takes the pot.

Anyhow, just figured I'd share some completely wacky games with you all in case you ever wanna laugh your butts off at the card table!

Regards,
Tregan