Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Overzealous security spoiling the game?

[ QUOTE ]
adam,
in a seriousness, a lot of the small sites have a very strong community feel to them. an example is delta poker (which is temporarily down), but there are others.

you guys should play party for business, and join one of these smaller sites where everyone really does treat it like a home game. it can be a ton of fun, and the site operators at smaller places usually take great care of you.

just play party for the 'real' thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like an excellent idea, thanks GrannyMae.

If you think of any other small community type poker sites please post the names.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:44 PM

i was just headed out, and if others have not given suggestions by the time i return, i certainly will give you some names.

off the top of my head, i was going to suggest dynamite, but they have changed to http://live.checknraisepoker.com/

this may still be a great option for you guys and hopefully others will add some sites where the base all know each other within a week or so of joining.

best of luck
Old 12-15-2004, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adam,
in a seriousness, a lot of the small sites have a very strong community feel to them. an example is delta poker (which is temporarily down), but there are others.

you guys should play party for business, and join one of these smaller sites where everyone really does treat it like a home game. it can be a ton of fun, and the site operators at smaller places usually take great care of you.

just play party for the 'real' thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I for one, found the Paradise community very friendly especially compared to the Party atmosphere. There aren't nearly as many table coaches or braggers, it's a lot of small talk at those tables.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:02 PM

I've found that at least in part, PokerRoom.com has a fairly decent community feeling to it. They seem to encourage it through their poker forums and the ability to create your own profile page that people can see right from the poker table (it opens a browser window). Not every table is friendly, but I've had some fun conversations there with people, and it is the only site that I play at with a friend of mine regularly. (I wouldn't even consider it at Party, because I know their policies.)

I do understand their policy, though, since unfortunately friends will often soft-play against each other. My friend started doing this a bit initially, but I corrected him the second he tried to start, explaining to him what he was doing, and he hasn't done it since. I don't mind softplaying in person at our home game, but not online.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:11 PM

Not being able to play against a close friend is not quite what I call "spoiling the game".

Having several players at my table colluding, cheating me and scaring recreational (losing) players away is what I call spoiling the game.