Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 10:43 PM

Default Re: KK and lots of aces

You felt a need to present an abridged version of my initial reply? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, I'm trying to get to Carpal before I go away for three months in Jan. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I might as well try to include some strategy in those posts as well as my recent OOT high-jinks.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:59 PM

I really liked your play. You're either way ahead or way behind here, and I don't mind the calling. Nice river bet.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to try and force either out, but to make them pay for their draws, especially the flush draw who will pay for the priviledge. Plus, his description of SB includes "tends to call alot" postflop, which leads me to believe that SB will cold call 2 bets after the flop with his own pocket pair, especially after he 3bet preflop with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the main reason I was tempted to raise the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
As for MP3, he limped and then coldcalled 2 raises preflop, then called again on the cap. If that doesn't scream suited broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. He could be in there with any suited connectors, a small pocket, etc. He was very, very loose. This is one of the reasons I didn't raise the flop. I was almost certain I was either way ahead or way behind SB, but not quite sure where MP3 stood. I could see MP3 betting out here as a pure bluff, with a smaller pocket hoping to pick up the pot, with an ace or a flush draw. If he's on a bluff or a smaller pocket it would be correct to just call, and if he's on a flush draw I should raise if it were HU. I started thinking, though, that it would be stupid to force out SB if he has QQ/JJ, even if MP3 is on a flush draw, since in that case I get such a huge overlay from him. Added to the fact that I may be behind SB or way ahead of MP3 made this a call. Still not sure which is right, both sides have good points in this thread.

Kludde
Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Results

SB had QQ and MHIG.

Kludde