Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2004, 05:09 AM

Default Re: King-Ten Suited

I'm trying to think of a good reason not to raise the turn but for the life of me I can't.
-James
Old 12-12-2004, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Spam, let's keep it friendly. Posting badly played hands is the point of this forum.

Bison, I know you're right about that but my comments weren't really about it being badly played, I should have made myself clearer. A play with JJ triggered this for me.

Anyway, I'd raise the turn because you get called by a lot but I don't mind waiting until the river. I think you do have to raise the river though, the A isn't that scary when you think about what he might hold. You're behind a few more hands and you may not get the calls from lower pairs now there are two overcards on board but you might get them anyway because raising the A heads-up looks like a bluff. Also, you now get called by A-big when you raise which you wouldn't have before on the river (which is why I raise the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude the ace is about the worst freaking card possible. In fact, I can't think of a worse card. You realize that the bottom card being paired counterfeits his two pair if the other guy has an ace, right? Waiting til the river to raise also sucks because hands like AQ that will bet the turn will certainly call a raise, whereas a hand like AQ or JJ will be highly unlikely to bet the river unimproved, though it might check-call. You absolutely need to raise the turn and unless this guy is a pretty good player he's paying you off with any pair and pretty much any big ace on the turn and very likely the river if he has a pair.
-James
Old 12-12-2004, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn was another 4, pairing the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking I might create a troll account called "MR REDUNDANT MAN" or something just for all these types of lines. Been seeing a lot of them lately. I kind of enjoy them though, and trolls seem to be too trendy for me to become one now. Sup Bro?

I think raising the turn is clearly, clearly the play. The better question is, do you then check behind on the river when that awful bullet falls?

NT