Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Re: AJs - berated afterward for being lucky - true?

the flop checkraise is bizarre, after being 3-bet you must be behind to a king at least. the turn raise is crazy, i would call. river fine.

yes, lucky, but after the flop play and turn spade you're committed. say "i like to gambool" and move on.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 12-10-2004, 01:08 PM

Default Re: AJs - berated afterward for being lucky - true?

I would have bet out on the flop. Not with the intention of winning the pot right there, but even with this huge pot there is still a chance to possibly gain the button.

I don't like the flop checkraise, because at this point I really don't want to have to be in for three bets to see the turn.

Same with the turn raise. At this point you are behind. Yes you do have 13 outs to 2-pair or better, but with COs action on the flop, you need to at least consider the possibility of a set. This may sound passive, but on the river you are either going to make your set of jacks, 2-pair or flush. Or you are going to probably have to fold the river. Again on the turn, I really do not want to have to call three or four bets. Granted if all 13 outs are clean (which in this situation is slightly questionable) you only need 3 people to call your raise for value. However I think you were fortunate that it did not come back to you capped.

That said, I do not think that this was a horrendous suckout. The PF raise was good. No way in hell you fold the flop. On the turn , maybe the raise was questionable, but it is probably a close decision. So that said you are seeing the river no matter what the way this hand played out, it's just a matter of what you did on the way.