Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Party Step 3, tough bubble decission

You'll have 1820 left after posting the SB on the next hand if you don't call, right?

At first I thought 'call and push with an overpair', but I was wrong. With the current SB and UTG where they are, this is a clear fold. The chances of folding your way into the top 6 are too good.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:47 PM

Default Results

Thanks for all responses. As already stated I think that itīs pretty close between any of the 3 options, but after thinking a bit I would tend more towards mucking. Stealing worked before, so why not again if nobody drops in the next 1 or 2 rounds?

Anyway, at the moment of the tourney i just couldnīt resist and moved all in. CO called without hesitation with ATs, no help for him and I win. BTW: CO loses the next hand too, is the short stack after that hand and gets out in 7th place. Funny thing was, that right before the hand against me he wrote to the other chipleader: See you in the 500 step [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards

Martin Aigner
Old 12-08-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all responses. As already stated I think that itīs pretty close between any of the 3 options, but after thinking a bit I would tend more towards mucking. Stealing worked before, so why not again if nobody drops in the next 1 or 2 rounds?

Anyway, at the moment of the tourney i just couldnīt resist and moved all in. CO called without hesitation with ATs, no help for him and I win. BTW: CO loses the next hand too, is the short stack after that hand and gets out in 7th place. Funny thing was, that right before the hand against me he wrote to the other chipleader: See you in the 500 step [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good example of how not to bully. (for other good examples, watch me when I have a big stack)
Old 12-08-2004, 10:10 PM

Great that it turned out that way and another reason to remember that "assuming" starts with an "ass" (especially when you're big stack and on the bubble).
Old 12-08-2004, 10:34 PM

I will never understand why some big stacks feel the need to try to eliminate everyone on the edge of the bubble by constantly raising with marginal hands and calling reraises in a satalite situation. The villian could clearly have folded into the money here while the big stacks busted out. FWIW I would assume you are have very litle FE here (close to zero) but are around a 2.5 to 1 fav against the probabale range of hands of villain here, perhaps better. This is certaintly a tough spot and I think your situation should completly depend on if you think that you can come top 6 without playing a single hand.

This includes without stealing and without any walks when you have BB.

If you feel that the table is tight enough and the other short stacks are patient enough you will probably have to play a hand, and if that is the case this may be the best spot to get your money in. Surely if you double here you can fold your way in.