Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Party .5-1 killer K7o

You don't give any reads here. MP has QJ for a wiffed straight draw. UTG might have TT. He might have KK. I honestly can't put him on KTs, but even then you are behind. It is really hard to believe that he would take AA/AK this far without a read.

Shill
Old 12-07-2004, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't give any reads here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads due to it being the first hand. I can assume that with the 4 coldcallers there are some loose spots.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG might have TT. He might have KK. I honestly can't put him on KTs, but even then you are behind. It is really hard to believe that he would take AA/AK this far without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming normal raising standards hero is behind to KK and 1010 and ahead of AK or AA. KK is not statistically likely but certainly possible.

Using maniac standards to raising he could be ahead of a lot of hands but additionally behind K10, 33 or 77.

So you have to think that hero is looking pretty good on the turn right. How confident are you after the turn 3bet. Specifically, what hands would opp 3bet the turn with?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:11 PM

Most opponents are only 3-betting the turn here with KK and TT. Occasionally you'll find someone who is pushing AA too hard or AK too hard. It's rare though.

Preflop play is horrid. I don't care much for your flop bet, though I suppose if you're trying to get hands like Q9 to fold it's not terrible.

Your turn checkraise isn't bad, actually, but I calm down after I'm 3-bet. I definitely don't cap.

Rob
Old 12-07-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Congratulations.

Played like a complete fish on every street.

Sorry you weren't shown a set of 10s.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:15 PM

Joe-
how much of a mistake is calling this in the bb IYO? What percentage of a big bet is hero giving up here immediately, and what do you think of his postflop play?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most opponents are only 3-betting the turn here with KK and TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont play much .5-1 so I would have thought that players are a little wilder. Are .5-1ers more passive.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care much for your flop bet, though I suppose if you're trying to get hands like Q9 to fold it's not terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you check and call the flop? Do you fold if it is 2 bets back to you?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Congratulations.

[ QUOTE ]
Played like a complete fish on every street.

Sorry you weren't shown a set of 10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. Can you tell me why?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont play much .5-1 so I would have thought that players are a little wilder. Are .5-1ers more passive.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care much for your flop bet, though I suppose if you're trying to get hands like Q9 to fold it's not terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.5/1 is generally a loose-passive game. Expect preflop raising standards to be generally sane; AA-TT, AK-AT(o), possibly 99, KQ, and the like. Your hand doesn't fare well against most preflop raisers.

If you know the guy is a maniac, well, I'm still not sure that changes it much, because you've got a trash hand out of position. You're calling with a hand that is likely dominated, likely to make a second best hand, and you don't know anything about your opposition -- which makes hand reading a tricky proposition.

Your flop play is interesting. Normally I'm calling down (and probably raising the river), but since there are potential draws that could hurt the equity of your hand here, betting into the PFR to induce a raise, while it comes at a cost of 1 extra SB to you, may save you more than that 1SB if you get a hand to fold that could cost you the pot. Then again, it often doesn't work here, and I'm always torn about how you should proceed when hand protection won't work anyway. I like your attempt at it though.

HU, I would simply check/call, check/call, bet. Simple line, works well in these situations. Having a multiway situation with a hand that is either decently ahead or drawing to two outs, however, isn't as much fun. I'd definitely fold if it were ever two bets to me here, I'm likely behind in two places there.

Rob
Old 12-07-2004, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play .5/1 either. I would never play this hand, this hard @ 5/10 (I don't know what limits you play). It seems to me like you won this hand and that you had some kind of feeling that UTG was blowing smoke the entire hand.

Shill
Old 12-07-2004, 11:24 PM

I don't think that the preflop call is good- and closing these loopholes in the blinds has been a big difference in my winrate.
Once you call the flop bet into a raise is good, try to clear out the feild in a big pot.
On the turn the C/r is the way to go with no read on the opponents aggression. However there is little reason for the cap, you just gave chips away at least 75% of the time. The river lead is also giving chips away, but you probably only get called by better hands 90% of the time. It is rare for two bigger pair to raise again, so only a set of kings or T's will likely raise. so that's probably the smaller mistake between capping the turn and leading the river.

Good luck convincing hero though