Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Re: ePassporte bonus results

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't that make the bonus $25 if you pay $25 for a $50 bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Fortunately you can do the bonus at multiple skins, and assuming you're a withdrawer rather than a depositer, all bonuses beyond the first are $50 net.

I took the alternate route of making my first deposit very small, therefore throwing away nearly all of the bonus from the first site, because I'd rather skip a bonus (and the associated raked hand requirement) than pay out most of it in fees.

Martin
Old 12-04-2004, 08:22 PM

That was my thinking exactly. Since you can set up the epassport account for free, just load it from party instead of from your account. How much did you load it with? Is there a minimum?

Freakin
Old 12-04-2004, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you can set up the epassport account for free, just load it from party instead of from your account

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I set it up, they wouldn't cash out to the card until you'd deposited with it once. I believe this is still the case, but if not, it would be a small savings in time and fees.

I loaded it with $55, because I thought the minimum deposit would be $50 and I wanted to cover the fee, but it turned out there wasn't a minimum deposit. I assume that's still true, but I'd check before relying on that fact.

Martin
Old 12-04-2004, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Both [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The fee is high, but it's a deposit fee so you only have to pay it once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have been clearer. I wasn't really looking at it for the bonus. I was more thinking of it from the epassporte Visa card that you could withdrawal from Party onto, and then use it to pay for things on-line or in the real world. It was my understanding that whenever you did a withdrawal from Party this would be "loading" it and subject to the $5 per $100 fee. As I said if this is the case then a $50 fee on a $1000 withdrawal would seem a tad steep.

Anyone know if I am reading this correctly ??

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] busguy
Old 12-04-2004, 09:05 PM

There's no fee for withdrawing to the card, only for depositing from your CC.

Martin
Old 12-04-2004, 09:40 PM

So if I understand this correctly, the card (when loaded through a 3rd party, like PP) lets you have a virtual visa + real visa/debit card that you can use? And the only fees you will be paying are when you withdraw the money through an ATM?

We need a report from somone who has one of these cards on whether or not they work in the following locations:
1) B&M Merchant that accepts Visa
2) B&M Merchant that accepts Debit - And card must be run as debit
3) ATM

Additionally, it would be helpful to know if Epassporte assesses any fees for the general use of their card, not just the loading. From the way it looks now, this could be an excellent alternative to both Neteller EFT and the Neteller debit card, especially if the Visa works properly.

Has anyone attempted to use the Virtual Visa at any place other than Newegg.com with success?

Freakin
Old 12-04-2004, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone attempted to use the Virtual Visa at any place other than Newegg.com with success?

[/ QUOTE ]

I intended to mention this earlier and got sidetracked, but the virtual visa is pretty crappy.

Fortunately the NewEgg purchase was just an impulse add-on and the whole new PC, because the charge they attempted to make (for $132) is now an unavailable part of my balance for 30 days. Unless the merchant sends them a letter on company letterhead, the charge remains pending.

Needless to say, I'm discouraged from trying it elsewhere and am sticking to the ATM. I still plan to try the PIN purchase at Costco tomorrow and will let the forum know what transpires.

Martin
Old 12-05-2004, 01:48 AM

Two questions.

1. What is the epassporte ID that you enter into the cash out page on Party? Is it the same name that you login to the account on the epassporte site with?

2. Does anyone know if the virtual visa works to deposit to other poker sites, such as the crypto sites?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:49 AM

Default does it work at all skins?

if it works for at least 3, i will try it out. firepay sucks so much, that i might try it out anyways. party, empire, multipoker, intertops, and pokernow are the skins i know of. does it work for all 5? also, am i missing any?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: does it work at all skins?

i made two deposits of $500 at each skin, in order to attempt to max out the $100 bonus. my first $50 bonus was credited immediately for the first deposit at the five skins you named. i emailed each one requesting a second $50 since they offer a $100 bonus but you cannot actually deposit enough to get it. four skins gave me the second $50 (pokerNOW did not). eurobet gave no bonus on either.

so it looks like your best outcome is $450 in bonus: $100 each on party, empire, intertops and multi; and $50 on poekrnow.