Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: dont worry

[ QUOTE ]
if u can 8 table 6max games u'll do fine

[/ QUOTE ]

There's people who can 8 table 6max games? WTF?

Justin A
Old 12-04-2004, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its crazy. I even heard somebody say spicy had played 10 10/20 6-max games, but I also here he has a horse penis and a gold plated shark tank bar.

I can play 6 6-max games and find it very peaceful, but 8 6-max games I feel like sawing my hand off.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Re: My losing streak surpasses Jay!

since everyone else is trying to say nice things i guess i'll be negative. if you sat a player in the party 15 and he started off losing 433 BB, it's obvious that he would be conditionally much more likely to be a losing player than a winning one on a 433 BB downswing because a priori a winning player is relativey much less likely to go on such a streak. (you could put numbers on this if you want) of course this true in a situation here we have no prior knowledge about the player's ability, whereas in your case we do have some prior knoledge (that you are a winning 10/20 6max player). as others have argued different starting hand ranges create subtle differnces in the games, but this is still a pretty strong piece of evidence. but only you can weigh whether it overcomes the 100+ :1 odds that you're playing well given the information your results alone indicate. in any event i would proceed with caution, analysis of your play, doing the appropriate standard error analysis of your results, etc.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:47 PM

The past 3 months have been a slump for me as well.

I don't know when it's going to end, but for sure the cards are not much fun to play right now. At least the fish are happy when they call my QQ with K7 offsuit, hit the king on the river and take down a decent pot. It'll keep 'em coming back which is nice.

Lawrence
Old 12-04-2004, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its crazy. I even heard somebody say spicy had played 10 10/20 6-max games, but I also here he has a horse penis and a gold plated shark tank bar.

I can play 6 6-max games and find it very peaceful, but 8 6-max games I feel like sawing my hand off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever since I got into the 6 max games the past month or so I've been 8 tabling them. Fun times. I gotta win the November and December open challenges so 700 hands/hr is very nice.

Ponks

Ponks
Old 12-04-2004, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever since I got into the 6 max games the past month or so I've been 8 tabling them. Fun times. I gotta win the November and December open challenges so 700 hands/hr is very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that incredible. I have a hard time eight tabling ring limit games. I usually go with six so that I don't burn out too quickly.

On a side note though, I find it very easy to eight table NL ring games, and I think that I could probably ten or twelve table them. I don't know why this is because the hands per hour tends to be about the same for each.

Justin A
Old 12-04-2004, 06:17 PM

I dont know that much about NL, but do you play tighter there ??

Ponks
Old 12-04-2004, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know that much about NL, but do you play tighter there ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Good point. I do know why I can super table NL easier. I play super tight preflop with the 50 BB structure, and even when I'm in a hand, there's usually only a couple decision points. In limit there can be multiple bets and raises to make in a single hand.

Justin A
Old 12-04-2004, 06:35 PM

This discourages my thoughts of ever playing at that level.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:09 PM

Schneids -

sorry to hear that.
That really sucks....sounds like you are taking it reasonably well (as well as can be expected anyway, if not better).

I'm starting to beat this game a little bit now (after really struggling with bad-beats AND really inept play)....

if I can beat it then I sure as hell know a lot of 2+2'ers can....and Schneids is better than 'a lot of 2+2'ers'.

How many hands and days is this streak over?
How many tables are you playing? (I assume 8).

I'm not as multi-table proficient as you....but I found that things started clicking for me at 15/30 when I stopped playing so many freaking tables for a little while and just settled down a bit.

Even 1-tabled every once in awhile (OMG!! do people actually just play one table??).

I think that it can't really hurt that much.
Helps stop the panic a little bit even if it doesn't lead to significantly improved play.
That whole bit of "Wow!! I'm down a few-hundy on 5 of my 6 tables." (or 7 of 8 tables) gets to me sometimes.

But losing on just 1 or 2 tables obviously doesn't injure you as fast.
Maybe it's just my own tilt-control...especially for this level.

And Maybe it's not making a difference for me at all....
as my AK on AK5 board now has a tendency to be holding-up and not getting drawn out by 75o or even 42o.

I've also been finding a few more maniacs of the VPIP 40, 50 or even 75 variety....and they're a lot of fun (when they aren't drawing out on you).

No real point here....except that I know that Schneids is good enough to beat these games.
And I'm honestly not sure whether or not I am....but I am much happier now that I am getting back some of those previously lost BB's.

Anyway, think about playing just a couple tables for an hour or two to get warmed-up....or something like that.

good luck.