Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Spreadsheet for session records

[ QUOTE ]
how the hell do u use that sql script? i wanna use it but i have no clue how to put that into access or excel or wutever it requires

[/ QUOTE ]

What version of Access do you have?

I'm considering using that script myself in access, which would require a little modification, and could post the modified version after.

If I do it, which I'm not sure about.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wanted to try pokercharts. are you afraid they might use your informationto play against you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I only keep B&M records since I don't play online seriously. Even if I was a regular online player I think I'd resist that particular paranoia.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:55 PM

Does anyone know of palm os software for this. A poker stats tracker, not spreadsheet I already use documents to go to keep track of some of this stuff.

Cheers,
Tyler
Old 12-07-2004, 11:21 AM

I like www.pokercharts.com, it's free and easy to use. Eventually I may go to StatKing.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:59 AM

If you're happy with Poker Charts, there's really no need to switch to StatKing. I use StatKing and it's nice because it's very quick to input into, but I don't see a lot there that you don't see on Poker Charts.

Regards,

T
Old 12-11-2004, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how the hell do u use that sql script? i wanna use it but i have no clue how to put that into access or excel or wutever it requires

[/ QUOTE ]

The script is for SQL Server. It might be possible to make it work with Access but I don't have it installed to try. You could go to the MSDN website and get the desktop version of SQL Server (free) then the script should run. Remember you will still need to get the data into the database, that will require creating a user interface. I may try to clean up mine to the point were I would feel ok giving it out. Problem is I'd rather be playing poker than writting more code. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
Old 12-11-2004, 07:25 PM

Timmy,

I use a program called Poker Journal. It's free, and even hotsyncs into CSV files that are roughly compatible with StatKing! I don't use that feature, however, as I found that the StatKing importer can be very buggy. It almost hosed my database completely.

Instead, about once a week, I sit down for a few minutes and manually transfer the data from the CSV files to StatKing.

But having the Palm program is very useful to manage B+M play, or even online multitabling.

You can download it here
Old 12-11-2004, 07:36 PM

If you really want an excel one, go to http://www.scott4jesus.com/ricdaman/files/ and you can use the one I created for myself. One is for cash games, the other is for tournaments. What I do is make multiple copies of the Poker Log, and use one for each site I play on. That way I know exactly how much money I have in each of my accounts, and I also know how much I am making at each site.

HOW TO USE:

Keep the areas in light blue up to date each day. If you did not play in a given day, leave the Hours and Minutes columns at 1 and 0 respectively. Update the medium blue Start column only if you cashed out from or deposited to the site. Everything will carry over automatically from day to day and month to month. The only thing that will not carry over are the parts in Orange. These need to be updated manually at the beginning of each year.

TO GET STARTED:

Set it for the current year:
Type in the first day of each month (for January, type in 01/01/2005). Press Enter. Put your mouse over the bottom, right corner of the box for the first day of the month. Click and drag your mouse to the last day on the sheet (A2 --> A32). Excell will automatically update all of the days for you. Do this for each month.

Update the parts in Orange:
Specifically, type in your winnings / losses for all time, and the amount that you have in your account.

Everything else should be self explainitory, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

DISCLAIMER: I MAKE NO PROMISES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS PROGRAM. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, OR IF IT MESSES UP YOUR COMPUTER, IT'S NOT MY FAULT.