Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Re: how to kill your bankroll

lol..i did the samething..It just happened the other day acutally I didnt lose to much cuz i caught myself doing it..but the once i did it i killed the whole account it was like 300$ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i felt so shitty after that.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:37 PM

as my affiliate once told me: Losing significant chunks of your bankroll is good for your soul, just dont make a habit of it."

peace

john nickle

i hear coke+hookers is also an effective way to kill a bankroll
Old 11-29-2004, 05:25 PM

i was up to 350 from my 50$ deposit and then crashed down to 6 bucks.. took that 6 bucks and played a sng and never looked back im now up to over 4000 9 months later.. my displine got much better after almost losing it all
Old 11-29-2004, 05:29 PM

You know, you COULD have built that $200 back up to $450, and beyond . . . it's a shame you wimped out and left.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Last year I took a shot at 10/20 when my luck was crappy at 5/10 and I wanted to Make Money Back In A Hurry. Oooh that was a bad mistake. A good $1000+ mistake.

I did take a shot at what I perceived to be a soft 15/30 game once, but only stuck around for an orbit, as I realized I was playing way way way way way way way too scared. My bankroll may officially be able to weather a 100BB hit, but psychologically it would have been hell.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:33 PM

wow dude, that is awful. i'm glad you finally pulled out and smartened up. i can't imagine ever doing anything like that. wait...i'm playing 25NL at Party with $58. Oops.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, you COULD have built that $200 back up to $450, and beyond . . . it's a shame you wimped out and left.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh yeah i know...but im gonna take a months break or so then re-deposit enough to play 1/2...so not exactly wimping out....ugh ..i guess this is a learning experiance i have to go through .. still cant believe i wasted a few months of being very pacient in 1 session of stupid tilt [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2004, 06:02 PM

happens to the best of us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2004, 06:26 PM

here are a few ways.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:21 PM

No, I've never put 60% of all the money I have won into a game I need roughly 10x the bankroll for. Don't do it again and you will be fine.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2004, 10:32 PM

I had a similar situation, but not quite as bad. I built up about $400 from my initial $100 deposit playing .5/1. Then I got impatient and moved up to 2/4. I stayed pretty much even for a week or so, then I ran into a bunch of bad cards and/or bad playing and wiped out almost $200. I'm going to go back down to .5/1 for a while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think everyone should have a formula for moving up/down in levels such that you never totally blow your all of your bankroll. I'm playing with other people's money now, and I plan to keep it that way.