Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Help w/ \'Adult Swim\'

is that the one with your avatar?

I saw the show with your avatar and did a "so that's where that avatar is from?!?"

seemed funny from the five mins i watched.

i am excited to have some TV to look forward to without the initials OC.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:44 PM

Adult Swim in general is hysterical, but Sealab 2021 is my favorite.
<font color="white">
Tornado Shanks - "BREAK DOWN" </font>
Old 11-29-2004, 02:46 PM

since i assume you have the 40 bucks to spare, you should rush out and buy the Aqua Teen Hunger Force season 1&amp;2 dvd's. They are genuis. Pure comedy. Also, they are imminently quotable. I have to stop myself from quoting ATHF about 20 times a day because no one else would get it. Truly, truly good stuff.

Sealab 2021 is also good, my old roommate would always argue which is better, i think ATHF is more lively and has more comedic value, but for dark sarcasm, there really is nothing like a good sealab.

The Brak show is, er was, good, but just download some brak mp3's and you will have the best parts. My favorite is "Never trust a monkey"

Harbey Birdman is also quality, but nowhere near the level of sealab or ATHF. It runs slowly sometimes, which is odd for a 13 minute show, but i never regret watching it.

Tom goes to the Mayor. I have yet to watch enough of this to determine if it is high quality, but i have definitly laughed those times i have watched it.

Futurama is perhaps the most underrated show currently on television. Bender is one of my favorite character ever.

Family Guy. Animated perfection.

Various other adult swim shows. I have never really enjoyed Oblongs, or Home Movie. Good filler while waiting for the better shows, but not something i rearrange my schedule for.

Anime suX0rs

peace

john nickle
Old 11-29-2004, 02:54 PM

I don't like ATHF.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Futurama is perhaps the most underrated show currently on television. Bender is one of my favorite character ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the professor. "Good news, everyone!" right before yet another attempt to send his crew off to their deaths. He couldn't give less of a damn and can't wait to harvest their organs. But in a friendly way, of course. His voice cracks me up. If I could imitate that voice, I'd probably talk that way non-stop till the day I die. Broke my heart when that show went off the air. I have all four years on DVD. Lots of times the show has what The Simpsons used to have -- an eagerness to take the gloves off and make fun of things that aren't made fun of, and the ability to do it while still being funny.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually turn it off after family guy

[/ QUOTE ]

You are truly missing a lot then!

One of my recent favorites was "Case Closed" (which coincidentally came on durring the final table every night of the RV 9 pm rebuy tourney). Think "Sccoby Doo," but with real crimes (very few didn't involve murder, most of which were pretty grusome) and real detecting. The melodramatic narating occasionally got anoying, but a few of the episodes were truly disturbing.

Man, if I didn't have a 9 to 5 I would watch all of adult swim every night.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:23 PM

The captain has been replaced the last couple seasons. Coach isn't nearly as funny as Murphy was.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my recent favorites was "Case Closed"

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that show was really bad. Unlike some of the other posters, I actually like a lot of anime, but not that one.

The best anime they are showing on a daily basis (right now) is Wolf's Rain. That is a great show.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:31 PM

It's "Tom Goes to the Mayor".

I've only seen a couple episodes of it, but I thought it was funny.

I had to give it a chance when I saw Bob Odenkirk (Mr. Show, Ben Stiller Show) was producing it. Tenacious D was on the first episode. That's another plus, in my book.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:44 PM

I'm not a big Wolf's Rain fan. Inuyasha (sp?) and Trigun are ok, and Cowboy Bebop kicks so much ass I had to buy the series on DVD. Also, Full Metal Alchemist is looking pretty neat. (I probably shouldn't mention that Lupin III is a favorite of mine, too.)