Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
So in hand one, after stewing for a bit, I made the worst move possible and decided to call and see the turn. I decided on that move for two reasons, one, I thought there was a good chance I could push him off a hand if an A or K fell on the turn. I had a tight image overall, and thought my opponent was capable of folding a Q there if I made a big bet on the turn. Two, I thought there was also a chance that he'd just check to me on the turn, as some of these guys were showing flop aggression, but would slow down a bit if they didn't take the pot down on the flop.

I had also decided that his flop bet could mean middle pair, as well as a Q.

The problem is the turn was a 4, and he bet out 400 this time. Given my read, I was almost positive I was probably drawing to 2-outs of some sort, and mucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...talked yourself out of that one, huh? I think that 4 on the turn is a great card for you to push on unless you had some insane read on him.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So in hand one, after stewing for a bit, I made the worst move possible and decided to call and see the turn. I decided on that move for two reasons, one, I thought there was a good chance I could push him off a hand if an A or K fell on the turn. I had a tight image overall, and thought my opponent was capable of folding a Q there if I made a big bet on the turn. Two, I thought there was also a chance that he'd just check to me on the turn, as some of these guys were showing flop aggression, but would slow down a bit if they didn't take the pot down on the flop.

I had also decided that his flop bet could mean middle pair, as well as a Q.

The problem is the turn was a 4, and he bet out 400 this time. Given my read, I was almost positive I was probably drawing to 2-outs of some sort, and mucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...talked yourself out of that one, huh? I think that 4 on the turn is a great card for you to push on unless you had some insane read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much. What I decided was that my initial read on the flop that he had hit top pair was probably correct, and that I never should have seen the turn in the first place, and, ah crap, f-it, I'm folding.

I probably did outthink myself. But at the same time, I try to avoid situations where if I get my money in behind, I'm way, way behind, which I would be if he has a Q.

I agree with your other comment on hand 2, there's just not going to be folding equity there when I'm the short stack, and it's basically 1100 more to call with 2100 in the pot already. Anyone with 2 overcards to my 3's probably would be correct to call, let alone a hand like KQ.

I did say I was rusty. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]