Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: KK in BB

I think its a clear fold.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:08 PM

I don't think you see a bluff raise from a solid player 1 in 13 times, I like the value bet, but I fold to a raise.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you see a bluff raise from a solid player 1 in 13 times, I like the value bet, but I fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

A solid player I agree with you. Typical Party Unknown (i.e. LAGish), I'm not sure. Particularly if we're talking say 15/30 at Party.
But here, yeah I guess you're right.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:04 AM

I feel differently than all of you. I would have put him on a club flush draw with Ac-xc in his hand. If so, when the ace came, we each would have AA, but unless he's paired in another spot, my K kicker should be good enough to play.
I would not have bet out on the river, I would have checked and then called him down, limiting my exposure on that round to one BB. I wouldn't want to fold to a single player without more evidence that I was beaten.

Just my $.02 worth.

Bill
Old 11-27-2004, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel differently than all of you. I would have put him on a club flush draw with Ac-xc in his hand. If so, when the ace came, we each would have AA, but unless he's paired in another spot, my K kicker should be good enough to play.
I would not have bet out on the river, I would have checked and then called him down, limiting my exposure on that round to one BB. I wouldn't want to fold to a single player without more evidence that I was beaten.

Just my $.02 worth.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, Bill, except he had KK, not AK. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Pretty obvious he's got at least an ace. The ace would have definitely scared me from betting the river, though. I would have check-called.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:17 AM

Default Wooops!

Sorry! I had just been reading another post where the hero held AK. With KK, I might still do the same thing I suggested, tho. The price is the same, but he has to show you a winner. As I said, I really don't like to be pushed off a hand when heads up.

Sorry about my boobish error!! ;~(((

Bill
Old 11-28-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Results and thoughts

I called and he naturally showed AQ and took the pot. When I bet the river, I knew I would feel uncomfortable folding to a raise given that the pot was huge and thus I really should've check-called the river. However, in retrospect, I hardly think he would bluff-raise the river, since I've shown so much strength and is thus unlikely to fold and I think a bet and fold to a raise is the way to go here.

Thanks for all responses!

Kludde