Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Commerce Final NL Event Report - comments on last hand please

Well, your babysitting situation notwithstanding....

I would rather push w/ any two cards when folded to me in MP or LP than raise to 2k w/ ATo UTG.

-sossman
Old 11-22-2004, 09:04 PM

Fold or raise all-in. And I think both are reasonable choices.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 11-22-2004, 09:19 PM

Point taken!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:04 PM

Scooterdoo seems like people all over this country have 240 horrible days every yr for like 300 bucks a day so congrats.
Haven't you ever seen office space or Dilbert lol [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2004, 01:14 AM

Don't get me wrong. If the question was "would I like to make $1k extra every day" the answer is certainly yes. If the question is would I take $1k, but not be able to sleep and then take my kids all day on my own (5, 7 and 9) -- they wake up at 7ish, we had two soccer games, ice skating for the girls, a movie, a b-day party, go out to lunch, make dinner, etc., etc... the answer would be a resounding N-O.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:34 AM

Yikes, that sounds like alot of activity for a Sunday...How much are vasectomys again?? Honesty though, for a G im calling a babysitter and offering her a cnote. G-d bless you for getting any play in with 3 young children.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yikes, that sounds like alot of activity for a Sunday...How much are vasectomys again?? Honesty though, for a G im calling a babysitter and offering her a cnote. G-d bless you for getting any play in with 3 young children.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saturday. You don't want to hear about my Sunday, although I did get to catch the Sponge Bob movie &lt;g&gt;! Once the third came I raced to the doctor!
Old 11-23-2004, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg, can you clarify a few things on your answer? I assume you were referring to my decision after the late position player came over the top of me. If that is the case, my choices were to call his reraise or to fold (he was already all-in). From an odds perspective it seems like I had the proper odds. I had 2.5/1 pot odds so holding ATo the only hands that I didn't have the odds to call were AA,AK,AQ and AJ. Are you saying that since these hands are likely, and the other probable hands such as TT-KK are just about the exact odds that a fold would be fine?

Also, what is your opinion about playing ATo in my situation (7.5k left, 9-handed, UTG, blinds 400/800, ante 75). I raised 2k, but push or especially fold seem bit better -- now that I have thought it through some more. Your opinion? What hands would you play UTG in this situation and if you play them do you push? My 2k bet is fairly lame in the sense that if I get played back with it I'm just about committed to call.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:41 PM

I think Greg meant push or fold PRE-FLOP, as you correclty concluded at the bottom of your post. Your initial point being absolutely on the money - if you don't have the will or the time (or the energy!) to play it through to the final table and first place, no point in entering the tourney at all. Good lesson and I'm happy it only cost you $500 (note that I learned this same lesson entering the $500+30 on Stars a couple of weeks ago after winning an earlier Sat. - only I wasn't kind enough to post - so thank you!)
Old 11-23-2004, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg, can you clarify a few things on your answer? I assume you were referring to my decision after the late position player came over the top of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm certain he meant your initial action. That would make his advice correct, and would also make his wording appropriate. (If he meant after the late position player raised, he would have said "call all-in" instead of "raise all-in.")