Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: APU?

I hate the PF raise, but other than that, I don't mind your line here. I think you're obligated to call down without a read and with anywhere from 0-8 outs (and occasionally already the best of it!) and the pot is offering you almost 10 to 1. Not a great gamble but probably +EV. But this is why I don't get out of line up front unless I know my opponents very well!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:50 PM

Hey Mike, you had your wife call down in a very similar situation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-James
Old 11-22-2004, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Mike, you had your wife call down in a very similar situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this laydown is a whole lot tougher in the Party 15 game. Those phuckers are crazy.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure raising with KQo in EP is not considered solid play

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure we need another argument regarding this hand up front, but I am just curious as to your recs here. Are you limping or folding this hand? My thoughts are that it is controversial but seems a bit out of line to ridicule a PFR in this game because of the aggressive nature. This is a much better hand than the average starter in this game and I would rather play it for a raise if I am coming in. Getting Axs, and many other common limping or raising hands out seems to be +EV.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:06 PM

What is everyone's problem with a PF raise with KQo? You're not going to fold it, so you might as well raise with it.

On the turn, when you get checkraised, there are some folks that I would muck to in a heartbeat, but there are many, many that would pull that play on the turn if they picked up a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw with something like QJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. So without knowing which side of the coin your opponent plays on, I don't know whether folding the turn or at least calling down is right here.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
APU

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought that was the Simpsons character name.

Raising preflop is fine. Against an unknown I would call down, too many maniacs/LAGs on Party 15/30. That said, if the player isn't a maniac you can probably fold.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But this is why I don't get out of line up front

[/ QUOTE ]

This means you would limp PF with this hand all the time?

~stephen
Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is everyone's problem with a PF raise with KQo? You're not going to fold it, so you might as well raise with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I split the difference and just call preflop.

All sarcasm aside, is this not the easiest fold pre-flop? I have LAGgish tendencies but I still fold this unless I am open-raising in LMP.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:10 AM

Not meaning to disappoint you but I did not fold this hand. I'm not sure I would ever fold this particular hand to players at Party that I have no notes on.

~stephen
Old 11-23-2004, 12:24 PM

I've just read 1 or 2 replies but the answers seems quite obvious to me. The problem is on which hands can the turn c/r puts you on with a bit of common sense?? AA,KK,QQ,AQ nothing less. there's possibles reads of his hand: 22,33 ( i din't want to cap the flop to have an over pair bet the turn cf "improve your poker")or Q9 and catch a lucky 9, i don't think he can play AQ this way feraing KK or AA.If he still puts on AK his a moron and you don't have to make tough moves against ,just wait.