Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Getting 3-bet with KJs

I don't see anything wrong with raising KJs UTG or going for a c/r on the flop.

-Sent
Old 11-20-2004, 02:03 PM

What do you think?

I think it sucks.

Pre-flop is fine. Let's put the 2+2er on AA-TT, AK and AQs.

On the flop, I think a check-raise is fine if you think he bets JJ and TT here which he probably does, otherwise I think you're just check-raising better hands than you have with the exception of AQs. Once he checks the flop, I think you have to put him on JJ or TT, you think he's doing this with AK, AQ, KK or QQ?

On the turn, why would he bet those hands again? Just bet, because he's unlikely to and the BB is still around. And if he does bet, you should certainly just call and then bet the river, why would you want to blow him off JJ or TT on the turn which he can easily fold to a check-raise? You think he folds a better hand to a check-raise here? Also, you're probably way ahead of the BB here, so let him come along too, the pot is small-ish, you don't mind him calling with even 5 outs and he won't fold hands with more than that anyway. If you check-raise the turn, occasionally the 2p2er is going to have KK and be slowplaying as well, which sucks for you because you lose another bet. You don't want to give a free card though so bet the turn.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:51 PM

Observations:

1. On the flop, one of you is almost always far behind with an average of about three outs.

2. You have no real idea who that is because you have an in-between hand.

3. Your 2+2 opponent is likely to have a good or bad hand that gives him an excellent idea who is ahead.

4. By going for checkraises you are allowing your opponent to decide whether there will be a lot of action or no action.

Do you see the problem here? Do you think you will be pleased with the decisions your 2+2 opponent makes?

Bet-call the flop.

Having checked the flop through, bet-call the turn.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You still have BB in the hand also. So you going to give him a freecard as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point man.

"I think a better reason to bet would be the draw possibilities against you."

"Again, if your concerned about the draws, by all means bet. "

You bet not because you think your opponent has JJ or TT, but because you want to make money on your hand against the BB's legimate draws.