Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: 6000 man freerolls, am I wasting my time?

Some thoughts...

1) These will temper you for bad beats, beacuse you are going to take a ton of them. This is likely the most valuable part of these. If you can not take a bad beat with a positive attitude, you are headed for a busted bankroll.

2) You can use these to hone certain skills. These can help one learn how to get someone with the worst hand to get their money in the pot against your better/best hand. It will help you to learn how to read betting patterns and how to use them in bluffing. They let you try different things and see how they work out.

Are you wasting your time, no. If you are looking to make money, well yes likely you are wasting your time. If you are looking to improve skills, it has value. But keep in mind that even when it gets towards the end and play improves, it is still a freeroll and you are going to see it in the play. There is a big difference between the last 5% of the field in a freeroll versus the last 5% in a $100 buy-in. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: 6000 man freerolls, am I wasting my time?

Yes.

My advice for tournaments would be to start with 9-player Sit and Go's and work the number of players upwards gradually.